» Site Navigation

> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

Thread: Apocalyptica...

Somewhere much better than where you are.

Default Apocalyptica...

I personally love em, I love clasical music and metal. So hearing about this Cello band which does classical music but in a slightly metal style made me orgasm. What's your opinions?

For anyone that does not know, Apocalyptica have been called "The worlds first Orchestra Metal group" and I think that sums them up pretty well.

If you want to hear some head on down to http://www.blogmusik.net/ (Awesome site) and search for 'Apocalyptica'. If you keep clicking next and go to the last page you will see they have covered 'Unforgiven' and 'Nothing Else Matters' by Metallica (in fact they did a whole tribute album). But I recommend you listen to the song called 'Path', tis awesome.

I heard some of their stuff a few years back. They're not really my thing but it is pretty cool. If you're really into the neoclassical stuff I'd suggest checking out Warmen (if you haven't already), Janne Warman from COB's solo project.

Somewhere much better than where you are.

Quote Originally Posted by conspired View Post
    I heard some of their stuff a few years back. They're not really my thing but it is pretty cool. If you're really into the neoclassical stuff I'd suggest checking out Warmen (if you haven't already), Janne Warman from COB's solo project.
    Yup had the occasional listen to Warmen, being a CoB obsessive I kinda had to :P

Yea I was really into them a few years ago. Pretty wicked stuff muah.
    It's MORPHIN' time!
    github
    deviantART
    Last.FM
    carrotderek

They're not the first of their genre, but they're certainly the most popular. I don't particularly like them though, even though I listen to both metal and classical.