» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nightmares

Default Nightmares

for the last 2 weeks iv been having increasingly vivid nightmares.
    last 3 nights were very odd and vivid.
    i didn't go to sleep last night because i was afraid it would intensify.
    any suggestions?

One function of dreams is a mood regulator from waking to dreams and back into waking. What does this mean? This means that our moods prior to dreaming enhances, changes and alters the type of dream we experience. This means that if you have problems regulating your mood or have depressed mood states regularly, you may find that you also have far more nightmares than the usual sleeper. When one sleeps their emotional states are directed inwards and sensitivity and responsivity is heightened, which triggers the onset of a negative dream experience. Also, if you sleep in an uncomfortable environment, or if you are sleeping in fear, or have alot of pressure or problems on your mind you will tend to have more nightmares in these types of situations. A nightmare occurs when during sleep the dreamer is unable to regulate and integrate the negative dream experience and the nightmare begins.
    Found that on a site. You see any connections of any kind? Could be alot work for school, family/friend problems, stuff like that. I'm not expert, but that is probably what can cause nightmares.

Thanks man, that helps a lot actually comfirming what i thought was most likey true.
    i did get any sleep last night though, i just ignored it. hopfully tonight will be ok.

ever had a lucid dream? maybe you had a lucid nightmare, i had a lucid dream once, it was the weirdest thing thats ever happened to me for sure.

"I find that on the internet, everyone is very tough in an anonymous, pussy kind of way" - Josh Homme

well if it was a lucid dream i would have made it a lot better.
    Yeah iv dove into lucidity for awhile few years ago, but no body really knows what it does to your mind, with astral projection. so i stopped. Dreams are meant for processing information not creating it.

hmm do the problems in your dreams relate to anything happening, situation wise.. in your life?

The only time I've ever gotten nightmares was when I had a fever.. But I'm sure stress, depression etc plays a big factor. Nightmares are so random (at least for me) that it could have some connection with life but not really. It's weird forlforflrlfrofrf
    It's MORPHIN' time!
    github
    deviantART
    Last.FM
    carrotderek

Well, you sometimes dream about stuff that happens in one's daily life. Example: you went to the supermarket with your girlfriend and saw a guy who looked funny. Then you might dream about something that has to do with that. So of course it could be the same with nightmares. But I almost never have nightmares, like Shurai, so I'm not the best to discuss these things. :P

yeah i don't have nightmares usually either, they were really strange too.
    one night, i was walking through a back ally way, and there was a ton of needles all on the ground and droplets of blood. then i rounded the corner and i saw my bed, with my mother sleeping in it. and i woke her up telling her to get up or she might get HIV or something.

and two nights ago, what i can remember most is i was standing in the middle of no were, on a heap of sand, and i was hunting someone. then i got to a garden area with a gate around it, and some girl wanted to kiss me. I really didn't want to but she ended up seducing me, and then it was really horrible situation. she kept this really awkward distance but it was like she wasn't meaning to. Like her feet were pushing me away but she still wanted to kiss me, then i turned around and my girlfriend was balling her eyes out. I felt really bad and then she got really sad and pulled out a needle and i woke up.

Well they are both to do with needles??

And finding someone to a certain extent.

Anything about needles or finding people in your life at the mo?