Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

Thread: two new

Default two new

----

----

text took forever on the first and im still not satisfied, for the second i just gave up

i like the second one, the render blends in really nicely. The next needs work in the first one, but I don't really have any suggestions unfortunately.

They seem to big for the content that's in them.

There's not much detail in these sigs. Also I'm one who doesn't like sigs without a border XD so it seem incomplete to me. But of couse my opinion so no worries.

[First] This one out of the two would be the better, it has a light source, and it is placed nicely. Also the brushing, liquifying whatever it is has been done nicely around him as well. Seems like he's walking through rushing water. The only thing that bothers me would be that your render is fairly detailed while your work is not its more of a fade work. Also for this size of signature it seems vary empty around him cuz you get the point after just he little bit around him.

The text goes alright, it's a little hard to read, might want to sharpen.

[Second] Did you make the background in this sig? I can't tell since I know you use stocks I'm not fully sure since it's different from your usual.

This sig doesn't have much balance, there's too much negative space to the left. It seems there are really only 2 colos in this sig green and blue. For a scary seen I would use more serious colors, it's just too color full for your render.

Also not much detail, your render is again fairly detailed but your bg is empty in comparison.

Without text it just seems to look like a screen shot or something cutout from a poster. Borders and logos give it a finished fill so when people look at it they dont' feel like their missing something.

Comments:

I would add more environment to your sigs, or make them smaller. Also blend your render in to your bg. I don't mean brush and add effects around them I mean match the bg in this sense, make it seem like that's the area they belong.

Also use appropriate colors for certain scenes you wish to get across.

Both these sigs show a great deal of talent, you just need to find out how to use it with certain pieces.

now THATS what i call cnc

thanks man ill definately keep this in mind

and ya i made the wall on the second by distorting random pictures (that had nothing to do with a wall or zombies) and experimentation with filters/brushes
    Last edited by Xander; 11-03-2006 at 07:04 PM.

Yeah, definitely add borders. I don't know why, but it just looks better to me when it has a border of some sort.

First:
    Has pretty decent flow and really good use of lighting. Try adding in some effects and stuff like that. The sig has just a tad too much empty space, so it looks uncompleted. Also, try lowering the opacity on the main text just slightly. It'll take the edge off of it and make it blend a little more. In addition, try adding just a little bit of depth to the sig.

Second:
    Pretty good blending. Needs some lighting and some flow though. Creative text would be nice. As I said before, I'm a border lover, so it needs a border imo. Also, just a bit too much negative space.

Hope this helps.
    SC365