> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: College!

oooh the notion of college and university in Canada is real distinct. Colleges usually offer diplomas while universities are where you get the degrees. Thats generally, every province seems to have their own thing going on

I like uni its wicked. XD
    It's MORPHIN' time!
    github
    deviantART
    Last.FM
    carrotderek

seriously cant wait until i go to uni, manchester here i come...better be ready stu XD

"I find that on the internet, everyone is very tough in an anonymous, pussy kind of way" - Josh Homme

Somewhere much better than where you are.

I cant wait till college ^^ Academy of Contemporary Music for moi

Thanks all for the congratulations. I"m totally freaking out right now. I have two months to get all my loans, scholarships and student aid going, and nothing is coming together.

Good lord, I'm a junior in high school and people are telling me to start looking for scholarships. Maybe I should get on that...

Quote Originally Posted by Virtue View Post
    Good lord, I'm a junior in high school and people are telling me to start looking for scholarships. Maybe I should get on that...
    The sooner you start the better. Even if you cannot begin applying to many as junior, you can do all of your research and get all the info organized. Get all the important dates down on a calendar so that you don't miss any application deadlines, etc. There are so many thousands upon thousands of scholarships that it can take quite some time to find all those that you are eligible for. You may need to mail away for various application forms, etc. Some scholarships do things like clockwork every year... starting with sending out applications on a certain date to closing applications at a certain date / time. If you put the time in now you'll be way ahead of everyone who you will be competing against.

GFXVoid.com Publisher & Network Admin

Fuck Uni, i can't cope with work from college never mind Uni haha im now a bum, getting pissed everyday and skipping work haha i love it

The Academy of Art University (it's in Cali) for me! I'm so pumped, I even get to skip 2 classes and take 2 classes (that are basically free due to portfolio grant) over the summer. Because I take 4 classes a semester, it sounds like I'll be able to graduate in 3.5 years rather than 4. Either that or move on to more advanced things. I'm going into 3d animation and visual effects by the way.

Heh coo jack, i dunno where im going yet.. I'm hoping to get into Ringling.. but ill really have to dedicate myself into doing so.... i hear its really hard to get into the more popular classes, but i guess ill just have to try if i decide to.

congrats!

yeah i live in Australia, and what Americans call College we call University. And i think what the UK call college is sort of like Tafe here. Im not sure on that one though.