Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

Thread: ak.6

Default ak.6

Yes, I'm back.

Look at this.

its... ok but design wise is horrid... it needs more variation in color and the header needs to be ... in truth cleaner... all the brushing just screws it up... try taking the leaves out of every single one of the content boxes.. its ok for the button over images... but everywhere is just too much..

speaking of content boxes... make them go straight out of the header.. instead of going away from them and curving down.. it gives them a bulky look at doesn't help the design at all.

Honest opinion... if you used that on a site.. i wouldn't go there unless your forum looked good.. plain and simple. you should clean this up and make it look more pro. the main portal for alteredkoncept or w/e you call it.. looks just fine... id just use that for a site imo..
    Creator of the GFXvoid Header......................................Retired GFXvoid Staff.
    Currently: Never Here

Ah finally, a true thinking comment.
    I haven't used a single brush for the entire layout...
    I thought the leaves worked pretty well...
    Yeah those content boxes are a problem...
    I like the old portal design but wanted a change...

deny it or not i know for a fact the grass is a photoshop brush... since it varies in color and size automatically.. and is used in that fashion on wallpapers and the like... sure it is possible to vector it.. but is much more hassle than its worth.. and vectors dont give the texture the outline of the grass does.. which is another reason i can tell its a brush... the grunge might not be.. but its unlikely you created those splatters on your own considering the level of artistic merit the rest of the site has... its possible but unlikely...

the leaves work fine.. but are a bit out of place... you could do anything with em.. but from a design point of view i think they should be removed or at least altered to suit the area better. in the content they are alright.. but in the nav boxes.. i would take them out.

sorry if i sound harsh.. but I'm telling you what i see from my point of view.. I'm not trying to make you feel good about it so to speak... design is design.. you cant really change its principles for a few specific people... good luck with the site

nice, keep it up