» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Opinion on God

Default Opinion on God

we had this thread before, was real active. What are your thoughts and beleif about god and the afterlife?

well im pretty much Atheist so i dont believe in god or the afterlife

"I find that on the internet, everyone is very tough in an anonymous, pussy kind of way" - Josh Homme

Somewhere much better than where you are.

I'm a Nihilist, so yeah. He doesn't exist. There is no proof of his existence....Oh and dont say "but there is no proof he doesn't exist lolololol" because there actually is.....It's called the laws of Physics.

Afterlife: You know when you are asleep? You dont feel anything, you dont remember anything that happened while you were asleep (unless you were dreaming). When you are asleep and not dreaming is what I think death is like.
    Last edited by SgtSwabs; 11-27-2006 at 04:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SgtSwabs View Post
    I'm a Nihilist, so yeah. He doesn't exist. There is no proof of his existence....Oh and dont say "but there is no proof he doesn't exist lolololol" because there actually is.....It's called the laws of Physics.

Afterlife: You know when you are asleep? You dont feel anything, you dont remember anything that happened while you were asleep (unless you were dreaming). When you are asleep and not dreaming is what I think death is like.
    ZOMG. my opinions exactly apart from the nihilist thing. Im officially a christian, but i dont believe in anything of that stuff. so kinda a nihilist, but not officially.

I don't believe in God. I don't think there's anything watching over us. I think we're just a big mixture of carbon compounts, just like every organic being.

However, I DO believe in the afterlife. Very weird combination, I know. But I've just heard too many weird stories. I'm fucking convinced. :P

I believe that there are things we cannot explain, but I don't think God is one of them. I think God is God because we made him God.

Somewhere much better than where you are.

In my opinion god (or mohammed or whatever you want) is just a figment of peoples imagination, created by their hopeless lack of confidence to try and find some kind of false hope in life. Christianity seems to focus around living simply so that they can get into an imaginary wonderland that they have dubbed "heaven".

Live life for the sake of living or "Carpe Diem". I dont see the point in spending your whole live obiding by some rules that are in some pathetic little book, simply because they want to go somewhere (that doesn't exist) when they are dead.

People should live life simply because they can, the fact that we have developed into humans should be taken for granted, we should live for now, not live for death.

Or at least.....thats what I think xD

Quote Originally Posted by SgtSwabs View Post
    ...want to go somewhere (that doesn't exist)
    Correction: That I believe doesn't exist.

Agree with you though.

To sum up what i believe...

I do not believe in a God or any higher force thingy me bob, but i believe in reincarnation, not the fact that if we kill people were a tree, but i just cant imagine nothing forever. Something has to happen.

Same as the reason i dont believe in a God, i just find it way un realistic.

How i think the bible came about :

Some dude decided to write a book, fiction, and he died. Some stoner found this book and read it stoned, therefore he believed it. And spread his word to all the other stoners therefore religious people come from Stoner ancestors!!!

Well pretty much just without the stoners haha

My opinions are awkward, I'm not really sure, but i have alot of mixed thoughts.
    It would be nice to think there is a higher being looking out for us, and making plans for us, but it really doesnt seem possible, even though i know its all about faith.
    I really hate mainstream religions, like christianity. To me it seems like they are forcing you to follow their beliefs, and not have any of your own. Alot of devout (sp?) catholics that i have met also seem to believe that the bible is 100% literal, which i think is total bs. you can't part a fucking sea, no matter how much faith you have. I think the stories in the bible are there for the morals if you know what i mean. Their good stories and they teach a good lesson, but their not literal, imo. I also think that jesus was just a prophet, not the son of god. Why? I really don't know.
    Also yeah, like bem said, the bible was written by a man, and revised by more men, to influence the culture, and convert people to christianity. So much blood has been shed over religion, which is the opposite of what its supposed to do, its so fucking dumb. christianity, judaism, and islam, all have -basically- the same beliefs, with minor differences, yet everyone kills each other over them. And the after life, i really hope there is something good, but in all honesty i don't know, and really havent thought that much about it.
    Also i went to church once with a really good friend, and her family, and the minister ( or whatever) was preaching about how smoking weed and drinking alcohol was a sin. I totally don't understand that, and i'd really like someone to explain that to me.
    And jesus was for sure a stoner. Sandals, Robes, Long Hair? Come on...
    Last edited by Henry; 11-27-2006 at 07:29 PM.

i completely agree with swabs that death is just an eternal dreamless sleep, what scares me most though, is not death itself, but what has happened prior to my death, i dont want to feel any pain, or know that my life was incomplete, but its just one of those things you will never be able to predict...unfortunately..i think lol

though i would like to believe that there is life after death, i know that it is only wishful thinking. of course rabies, perhaps you could share some of these insightful stories to try to persuade me otherwise :P