> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

Thread: Msn

Default Msn

Ok so i got a new computer. And i also now have wireless.

The adapter is the one in my room, which is the new computer.

When i try to log into Windows Live Messenger, MSN 8, Or Windows Messenger, i get an error. I trouble shoot and everything is ok.

It says it could be something to do with my Windows Firewall, but it's not. I tried turning that off and logging in, the error still appeared.

I am connected to the net O.k and everything, but it's just MSN. Derek said it may be something to do with my Wireless Firewall. Or the settings, but so far i have seen none on the software. And i can get on MSN on the downstairs computer which has the router.

Helpp?

reinstall, then reboot. you can access all other internet-related stuff too like browsers, podcasts etc right? it's most likely MSN.

Same happened to me. I tried different versions and finally I got messenger 7.0 to work again. Try it if reinstall fails, you can find it via google.

Hokay i've rebooted and reinstalled it like 2 times. So i'll try msn 7
    but i'm guessing if the problem is the same with the normal windows msn, the old skool one..then it will remain with this one... ( version 7 )

This same thing happened to me (or so i assume)

okay, so since i'm a cheap ass and i have an un-authentic version of PSCS, i have to turn my clock back to 1995, and then for a long time i couldn't use MSN, i finally emailed microsoft (who replied very quickly) and they gave me a list of troubleshoots and it seems that MSN wouldn't sign in because my clock wasn't right

So that would be the first that i would check, then maybe you should check to see if it will connect if you hook it up directly to the wall and not wirelessly =P

good luck mate

Default Ok....

It works now, wooo! I have no idea what happened, i just noticed that when i booted up Windows i was signed into the standard Windows Messenger thing. So i tried Windows Live messenger and it worked Cheers for help anyways, although, i'm still confused rofl!

Haha. Hate when things like that happen. They seem to come from nowhere, and fix themselves over time!

Atleast it works!

Yeh, still! *angry face*