» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rate me plz. =D

Default Rate me plz. =D

Heyo first time showing my sigs here im also new. But I need some rating's on my sigs to know if im improving or if I should give up heh. Plz dont be pansy's and say its good even though you think it really sucks TELL ME IF YOU THINK IT SUCKS but also give me pointers on what to fix aswell. Thanks

First ever sig. (just to give you an idea of if I have improved at all lol.)

And my newest:

#5 Tried my hand at popout

#6 (this one is a wallpaper) Yes I know they big black spot right in the middle i didnt relize till after I closed it and reopend it. so cant fix now.
    http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c3...striptease.jpg
    Last edited by Hermit; 12-28-2006 at 05:32 AM.
    _/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Your Bgs flow really well, but they're kindof boring.
    I like your creativity, so keep workin, and find one style you really like
    Fav:

Newest:

So what do i need to do to make them not so boring?

My advice? Don't use renders that are whored.You've got a couple there that are way over-used. Try different styles, use stocks sometimes instead of game renders.

Work on your text.Yeah yeah, I keep saying it, but I've being told it a million times too, and it's the hardest part.

Read tutorials, use them, but don't be afraid to mix things up and experiment on your own.

Stay away from those pop-up things. Well, in my opinion anyhow.

Thanks.
    Prick.

i think darkmethod is right. trying something new (even if it doesnt go the way you thought it would) really sets the tone. a lot of sigs around here start looking the same because of whored renders and styles. im by no means an acomplished grahpic designer but anyone with any amount of artistic ability can tell when something doesnt work or has been worked to death. i really like the last one. the futuristic/alien kinda glowing 'thing' really sits well with me. ive been trying to put something together like that for a while but can never really pull it off. i think you have a lot of potential if you can channel it into something original. good luck!

I was just checkin out ur pictures in detail, And I realised u were savin them as Jpgs
    Though theres nothing wrong with that, Pngs are higher quality.
    And when your doin things with detail... you dont want to loose those little qualities, so i suggest saving as pngs, as opposed to jpg...
    though u can save as both
    Fav:

Newest:

Ugh! Jpeg!?

I didn't notice, but yeah. I used to save as jpeg too. File>Save for web>PNG-24 is the way to go.

Thanks.
    Prick.

the only concern i have with your sigs is the main artwork that really makes it pop isnt somthing uve made its somthing thats been previously rendered...

the bgs work pretty seemlessly but you might want to take the time on your next one to add detail around the charater to help the vibrant bg and the smooth render really stand out

If you're having fun, then keep doing it. It takes time and practice to get good.

Well hey thanks for all the reply's guys and yea I know most of them are REALLY simple but its hard to get inspiration for these things and btw thanks for the tip on PNG I will def save them as png from now on. And once I get the hang of how these things work I will be moving up to real life pictures but im not very good at cutting the pictures out game renders are I must say way easier for me. Also just want to say thanks agian for the advice and it shall go to good use.