Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: iPhone

Default iPhone

Resident father figure.

Isn't Apple being sued by Cisco over this? Either way..I'm passing, at least for a while. I just got a new mp3 phone two weeks ago. Good enough for me for the time being.

Thanks.
    Prick.

st00ped. Apple needs to stop trying to take over the whole world and stick to making iPods. Yes the iPod was a hit, that doesn't mean that everything you produce is going to be one.

I was hoping nobody would bring up the lawsuit, just because it really doesn't make a difference.

Cisco owns the name iPhone. that's all that the lawsuit is about. it'll be resolved in no time.
    Resident father figure.

Think of the price.

8GB iPod
    3.5inch touch screen
    Phone
    Internet

etc.

And also, imagine how fragile the screen will be. 3.5inches, and no cover, and its going to be used everyday by some people. Fat chance of it not breaking.

Failplz

big and secksy =]
    by time the sucka gets over here it will be like £400-£500

"I find that on the internet, everyone is very tough in an anonymous, pussy kind of way" - Josh Homme

looked at all the features/specs.

It's an incredible phone, I'll give it that. but like rob said, with all it can do, it's more than any other phone on the market, and Apple (unless I missed something) doesn't provide a service plan with it, so it's just a hassle to get a plan with it. I don't like phones like that because I want my phone to be a phone, my PMP to be a PMP and my computer to be a computer. I don't want them all in my pocket. It's nice, if you're going to use all of those features everyday. My main issue is that everyone and their MOTHER is going to want this phone. I want options and variety. It's the most advanced phone on the market (IMO) it's got one of the highest mega-pixel cameras for a phone, and it's an iPod for christ sake! I hate all those snotty stuck up bitches that get an iPhone because Daddy had the money to and they want the hottest shit...most of them can't even spell iPhone, or even APPLE. Anyways, these are just generalizations, please don't take any offense to this post if you fall under this category!

All in all, it's going to need a couple of years and some competition before I'll consider buying this thing.

Its $300USD on 2yr contract.

Fuck that, It must be well fragile. And I dont even use my phone for anything but calls. Eugh. I hate apple. The sickening thing is that they claim its revolutionary. They have just combined a touch screen, with a phone, and an iPod. Its a friggin blackbury with touchscreen!

Also, samsung has an 8gb music phone out, just no touchscreen.

The worst thing is that I goto a private school, with loads of spoilt kids in it. Cant think of how many people are gona get this. >.<

1) The multi-touch sensor is revolutionary. This technology was just released a few months ago.

2) Video Voicemail is incredibly cool.

3) This product isn't targeted at you (people under 18) it's targeted at business professionals who are using blackberry's and etc. right now.

4) Cingular has the contract for these phones. You will be able to get the phone with a service plan

5) Any pricing information you're seeing right now can probably be disregarded. The phone hasn't even been released yet (June 2007)

6) It's pretty much guaranteed to come with some kind of a flip cover case like every PDA on the market. It's going to be no more fragile than a pda or treo. Assuming they solder all the internals together well.

I think apple consistently does things right. They don't rush into a product without proper R&D and they never follow the norm. You guys are looking at this as a replacement for your simple cell phones. That's not what it is, it's a replacement for treo's, motorola q's, blackberrys, etc. mobile phone/pda combination hardware. It does it's job and it does it better. If you want a cell phone then get one, if you want a cellphone/pda then get the iphone.
    Resident father figure.

I dont really care about all the extra crap that some phones come with. All I need is for it to make calls.
    This is me.