Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 350d vs 400d

Default 350d vs 400d

deaz\dxloa\dxedr

no clue.
    I have a canon eos digi rebel, but idk what numbers and such..

i wuv my camera though!
    edit:
    i have a 300d and its fab.
    Last edited by Henry; 02-03-2007 at 08:40 PM.

400d easily. Im saving up, but I keep buying cds and clothes.

:'(

My dad has a 400d and it's amazing. Buuuuuut he got really high speed film for my swim meet (I'm that fast through the water i guess) and totally jacked it up. Any suggestions on settings for using high speed film for capturing shots like that with out any blur?

Virtue, they're digital SLRs, not film... And to answer your question, a high ISO film (ISO800+) is best for sport photography, and as it's inside using the flash might be useful. Use a fast shutterspeed, too.

The 350D and 400D are pretty much the same camera, to be honest... The 2 extra megapixels on the 400D don't mean squat as anything over 5 is perfectly adequate for almost any photographer and the anti-static thing on the lens is pretty good but it's not really needed. My sister has a 400D and my good friend has a 350D; I've used them both and the only major difference that I found is the slightly longer battery life on the 400D due to the LCD screen turning off when you put your eye to the viewfinder.

I have a 350D and don't use the LCD screen anyway. And with the battery grip as well the battery life is superb.
    I do like the way the 400D cleans its own sensor when you switch it off, but that to me really is the only advantage.
    As Jak said, the extra 2MP is only really useful if you want to enlarge to super size. My images enlarge to A0 comfortably.

400D. It has a bigger display, takes bigger pictures, cleans the sensor for you (a pain in the ass to do yourself) and you can see all the values on the display instead of that tiny display like on 350D. This makes you able to see what ISO and size (and all that) you're running, even in the dark. It's frustrating when shooting a live performance when you can't see your settings.
    400D roxx.

Nikon D80.

But I'm biased.

Canon 1D mark II

duh.

hahaha nahh the 1d mark II? They released the 1s mark III today 3.0" lcd compared to the mark II 2.5" a few minor changes too i think though that extra half an inch makes me happy : D xD
    deaz\dxloa\dxedr