Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

Thread: my lil' pet

Default my lil' pet

think its a quite nice shot about her

gief critics

The rock is almost totally blown out (overexposed) and there is no variance in the color scheme. The pet doesn't stand out from the background in any way.

Try to set up the light as you want it. A light positioned pretty low is often good. Try to achieve better colors and then retouch it to make it look real great.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabieshund View Post
    The rock is almost totally blown out (overexposed) and there is no variance in the color scheme. The pet doesn't stand out from the background in any way.

Try to set up the light as you want it. A light positioned pretty low is often good. Try to achieve better colors and then retouch it to make it look real great.
    she shouldn't stand out from the background, cuz these animals are mostly stay hidden in the middle of the desert, and since the desert is her natural habitat, i didnt wanted to get more colors than yellow, you know more realistic or what^^
    dont have any movable flash, not even a tripod yet, but i will try to keep these tips in mind. ty for the constructive critic

Well, it doesn't make the photo interesting at all. Quite the contrary. It makes it plain and boring.
    You don't need a flash to set up lighting. Continious light is fine. You do have lamps I hope? Normal lamps give very yellow light, but it can be fixed with white balance and Photoshop.

well i will give it a try tomorrow may the sun will come out and i can leave my room to take photos ^^
    btw, i didnt find this photo that bad, but ty for being honest, so there is a long way till good photos for me
    Last edited by stanx; 01-20-2007 at 04:08 PM.

Nah well, you just have to understand a bit of lighting and composition and off you go.

may you know where can i find an article about it? or some link or something ^^

I think what would make this photograph the best is if you gave an angle to it. Maybe try to capture you reptilian friend from underneath him
    Fav:

Newest: