» Site Navigation

> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

well first off, hey i just registered here, looks like a great graphics forum. Anyways, ive been part of another forum for a few weeks now, not graphics or anything, and ive kind of been the one making sigs for everybody . . and they all like them alot, but i know i could do so much better . . i feel that my biggest weakness is blending renders, and ESPECIALLY picking and blending the right text. im just gonna post a few of my best works and wanted to know if some of you could critique and tell me what i need to improve on, and how to do that. thanks everyone

my personal favorite is the spawn one

theyre very big... and a bit plain

well the first one isnt even a sig . .it was a banner for a website . . i just didnt resize it . .sorry. and well yeah the others are actually all that size lol

The only one i like is the sniper one, with the scope. I feel that it's very effective.

The rest are huge, and don't have a lot on them. But you'll improve here , you should make your sigs all 350x100 maximum with 350x80 for a minimum.

Overall rating would be about a 7.4/10 - You show knowledge of what to do but you don't use it in size and colours.

yeah, my max is 350x120 and min is 300x90 ( my fav size )

the sniper one is kinda cool i jsut dont understand it, the others just look like they have come stright from tutorials, sorry

did u use a tutorial from this site on one of them? bcuz i see one of the sigs has an effect i made a tutorrial for

"I'll take your hope, I'll take you fucking deams! I'll take your love, I'll take everything, you fucking.....BITCH!"

ok well thats helpful . . size wont be hard to improve on. Can you be more specific when you say work on the colors? when ever i color my sigs, i tend to use the Hue/Saturation tool. Ive seen alot of people use color balance, would that be the way to go? if so, i guess i should learn how :P

hmm, possibly, im not sure. lol which one were you refurring to?

when i make sigs ( especialy grunge sigs ) i use both color balance, hue/sat and brightness/contrast as new layers ( layer>new adjustment layer>color balance etc ) and that way you can get soem nice coloring

k thanks, ill try making a new one later and try to incorporate those things. and also i made most of those with out help from a tutorial, except the birdbrain one, i used a tutorial to get the old paper effect kind of thing, i also briefly followed a tutorial to get the scope in the sniper one

first of all, the sizes r 2 big but overall pretty GJ

overall rating: (7.2/10)