> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default What is your goal in life?

I hope there isn't already a thread like this.

What is your goal in life? And how will you achieve it? It doesn't matter if you change your mind later, just let us know what your current goal is.

My goal is to become a fashion photographer. I've wanted that for some time now. It's an awesome job - and well paid. But as a photographer you got to have what it takes. You have to know how to talk to the model you're shooting and make her feel good even after 4 hours of shooting. You have to be an expert with light, be creative and it's a big plus if you also are very good at retouching your images digitally. Since I'm not english, being good at the english language may be important too.
    It's not an easy job, but if I work hard enough, I think I can make it. I will start having some photo sessions with models. Me and some friends are planning one right now. A fashion shot that can be pretty good I think.
    I will build a strong portfolio and then try becoming a photographer's assistant. I will have to work for free of course, but it's a great way to get somewhere.

Well, that is my plan. Tell me yours.

I too want to become a photographer. When I finish my degree I want to do my masters so I can exhibit in galleries, and I want to open my own studio and become a top portrait photographer.
    If I am really lucky I may get to do my dream job, which would be to become a major Formula 1 photographer.

I've always wanted to become a painter, but the only thing in my way are my parents. They want me to become a docter or lawyer or anything that pays well *sigh*

In your (boyfriend/girlfriend/mum/dad/pet dog)'s bed. With a weapon.

I have no idea.

And I doubt I'm going to develop one any time soon.

Science
    Maths
    Art
    Computorz
    Has to involve one, if not all 3 of them.

Awesome Rabbi, you got it pretty well planned.

I sort of put being a Lawyer on hold.

My goal is to work within the field of Information Security or Software Engineering. Anything in the fields interests me, especially Cryptography. I would love to work at RSA or IBM and work on a new cryptosystem that could be used worldwide like AES. Creating a new social networking website like mySpace and Facebook and database sites like Pandora would be a dream as well.

It would require strong analytical and logical skills and a bit of creativity. Being good at math is essential for info security, I struggled with math when I was a kid, but it's fun now. I'm currently working towards a B.Sc in Computer Science with a concentration in Information Security, 2nd year out of 4!. I'm also working to get an internship (hopefully IBM) to gain experience in the whole industry. Getting your foot in the door is the hardest part in your career.

I'm starting small now, just finding an IT summer position at various oil and gas companies to gain experience in the general Computer Science deal.
    Last edited by carrotderek; 02-01-2007 at 02:11 PM.
    It's MORPHIN' time!
    github
    deviantART
    Last.FM
    carrotderek

In a nutshell, shurai wants to become the lord of the azn supernerds.

(No offense to either you or azns, but you guys are hella good at math.)

my aim isn't a job, it's to do what i like, explore places, invent something, express myself better, be seen..
    deaz\dxloa\dxedr

I want to be lawyer =) I did want to do aomething like acting or singing, but I find law interesting ^^ If I don't end up with law, I'll probably end up being like my parents and doing science =P

But I really want law xD Apart from that, my life is just waiting for the next day. I don't have much of a plan. I suppose letting life take its pace and grabbing the opportunity is best afterall. In case you actually miss what you want for being too serious.

Or something like that

basically jesus wants us to smoke bud.. xD
    deaz\dxloa\dxedr