> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Before I begin, let me tell you about my neighborhood:

I live on the Northeast corner of my city, in an area that is sparsely populated due to the railroads and warehousing there. It's not a hugely popular area, so I was able to purchase a very large home at a very low price. The neighborhood is a brand new sub development just one block from a brand new Elementary school. Another older Elementary school is about 1 mile away. The community in the area is very kid-friendly and family-friendly. This is a great place for a great price - we just have to deal with the train whistles at 3 in the morning sometimes.

About two weeks ago, some new neighbors moved in across the street from me. They seem like a nice family, I saw a couple of kids and their kiddie bikes, and an older man I assume is the Grandfather of these children. I'm a friendly neighbor, however I didn't get a chance to say hi to the new family that week, as I was really busy with other things in my life.

That weekend, there was a lot of suspicious activity at the house. Every 20-30 minutes, a car would pull up to the house, the driver would leave the engine running and the passenger would go inside the house for a few minutes. (Let me clarify that this was a different car every time. Since then, I have observed some of the same cars returning multiple times) Then the passenger would come back out, hop in the car, and they would drive off.

I've done my fair share of drugs in my younger stupider years, and that is the exact protocol we followed when I was in High School. The confidant of the dealer would hook his or her friends up, and they would drive he or she there, but the dealer remains aloof from the actual buyer most of the time.

At first I was quick to dismiss my observations as paranoia. It's a family's brand new house - these were probably just friends swinging by to get a look at the place and say congratulations. But I kept my eyes open just the same.

In the following week I began to notice these activities happening on a daily basis. Cars coming, cars going; and as always leaving a person behind in the car, running the engine, ready to leave. I've also noticed that the local police precinct has taken an increased interest in my neighborhood. They now do a drive through of the block at least once a night, and the rate of pull-overs in the area around my house and risen dramatically. It seems that the police are trying to catch someone leaving my neighbor's house, in order to get some evidence towards a search warrant.

Now I would normally not get involved with this kind of business. I leave my neighbors alone for the most part. But just last year I gained partial custody of my 9 year old son; I'm worried that with this kind of activity right across the street, my son may not be entirely safe playing outside alone. I am reluctant to report any of this to the police, as I mentioned before, there are children in the alleged drug dealer's home. I don't want to send anyone's mother or father to jail.

Nothing has happened that has violated the law as far as I have observed, and the neighbors have not done anything to me or my family personally. I am just concerned about the nature of their business, and the kind of people that are coming through my neighborhood at all hours of the day and night. I am not sure how to proceed, since up until recently, when I went through a series of events in my life that forced me to grow up and act like an adult, I was just like some of those people pulling up to that house.

What should I do? I don't think I can just go over there and tell them "Hey are you guys selling drugs? You are? Can you stop please?"

Well, if I was you, I would probably wait until you actually know that they are doing something. If you are sure that they are drug dealers, just call the cops.

I would not risk asking them about it, because they may do something to harm you.

Yeah, if they start messing around with your family, especially your 9 year old son, then DEFF call the police... I would never want to see any of that going on around my neighborhood
    Oblivion

You can't just say call the police though , because they might not find evidence against all of the customers and they may know smel told the police, putting him in danger and his family. Like you said .. if you talk to them you mnight get hurt if you tell the police you still run a risk.

call the cops. or put their house on fire, any ways calling the cops is better

I say dragon punch them in the face

"I find that on the internet, everyone is very tough in an anonymous, pussy kind of way" - Josh Homme

Id put on a disguise and act like your looking to buy and see what happens.
    This is me.

Let the cops do there work

This is a really old topic - although I guess its still has some discussion in it left. Please dont bump old posts anymore . Just leave your neibors alone jeeze - let them make their money!

leave it to taco to say something like that lol