No Members online

» Site Navigation

> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

Alright, you are about to learn how to create a wicked abstract render, in a little different way. I always see tut's that create an effect like this (but not quite this), but i have not seen any that use a few of the tools i will be using, i think it can create a lot better effect and defanitly a little different than the usual, depending on how creative you get with it. So now we start.

1. First off, with a new doc opened in C4D, make a sphere in the middle, but dont make it editable yet, go to the Sphere Object Properties pane, in the bottom right, and where it says "segments" change that to 32 (try an even higher number later to get a different effect). Now hit "C" to make the object editable.

2. Alright, this is where it gets a little different, right click the object and go to the "Brush" Tool (or Structure -> Brush / or even hit "M" and then "C"). This is where most would say to use the Magnet tool, but the Brush gives you a little more free range to do whatever.

3. Now, with the brush, just click and "brush" randomly, continuously back up (Ctrl+Z) and do things over until you get something you like. Also remember to change you camera angle many times. mine came out like this:

4. Now, click the "Polygon" tool on the left side, it is the light blue grid with three grey squares outlined in red. Right click your object and go to Bevel (structure -> Bevel / "M" then "S"). Now with you object selected, click and hold in the grey area, while holding, drag to the left or the right until you get something you like or think you can work with.

5. Now, right click and go to "Extrude" (Stucture -> Extrude), and do the same as the bevel, click and drag somewhere to the left or the right till you like.

6. Not quite done yet. Right click and go to "Extrude Inner" (Structure->Extrude Inner) and do the same, click and drag right or left.

As you do this, you may get large "planes" or just large and unattractive trangles and squares, as you get them, click them individually and delete them.

This is what mine looks like:

You can add some effects now if you wish, such as a hypernurb, or add a twist or something.

If there is anything about this tut you did not understand, please do not be afraid to ask. i will happily clear things up.

Hope you enjoyed this tut and learning how to use a different tool that is not used often. please leave feedback, and if you liked this tut, please register with the forum.

:: this tutorial has not been submitted to P2L ::

i dont understand this, i am a very new person to this sought of stuff, help me plz,

Originally posted by doomachine2000@Mar 22 2005, 03:37 PM
    i dont understand this, i am a very new person to this sought of stuff, help me plz,
    [snapback]22444[/snapback]
    very nice render...although I have seen similar ones..though that one is a lot thinner than the ones I have seen..gj.. 7/10

DM why did you even post..just PM someone about it..like maybe the guy who wrote this topic...don't try and get your post count up by posting pleas of help everywhere..

Originally posted by doomachine2000@Mar 22 2005, 01:37 PM
    [snapback]22444[/snapback]
    the only advice i have is to follow the steps exactly as are listed, if you are having trouble, ask for it specifically, not a global request.

Blp.. a bit harsh.

Anyways, nice tutorial. I love the end result. Next time i open up c4d i'll be sure to do it. Could you maybe do some cool material tuts next.

Nice resut , real well explained ( even i understood it:P )

yea, ill try and get a material tut or 2 up.

that effect is cool man nice tut

how do u save it as a gif or png or anythin like that?>

wow, detailed tut, and a sick result, nice job! Ill do this as soon as i figure out how to do more things with C4D... like make a sphere :P

Edit:I literally JUST got it, so i dont know nething about it