» Site Navigation

> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

Default Photoshop cs2 regularly stops responding

I have a pentium lV 3ghz with 1 gig ram and a Radeon X600 video card. Recently I've been having a hard time getting Photoshop CS2 to work Properly. It takes forever to bootup and sometimes freezes and when I finally get it to boot and try to open a picture that is 100K or more it will usually stop responding. If I do get a picture to load and do any kind of adjustment like brightness or contrast levels it takes forever to do it. After checking online I've noticed that I'm not the only one who has this problem. I've tried all the suggestions like reducing the hardwware aceleration and such but none of it worked. Does anyone here know of a fix for this problem?

Maybe you should try contacting Adobe, unless you're having a bootleg version lol. Can't be your computer, since mine is a lot worse haha..

Re-install.
    Clean registry files.
    Stop running background processes ( ctrl+alt+del -> then processes; MAKE SURE YOU DONT END IMPORTANT ONES ( i.e -explorer.exe, if you do, your computer could be rendered useless )
    Defrag.

Basic but very effective ways of stopping everything "clogging" up on your computer.

In your (boyfriend/girlfriend/mum/dad/pet dog)'s bed. With a weapon.

Dude, there are more important ones than explorer.exe

My computer doesn't even run explorer.exe. That said, I use litestep, not explorer, for my shell.

And on the background processes thing... msconfig in run. And then see what you don't need to start at startup. Again, if you don't know what it does, don't stop it, and check on the net or something first.
    Disks are always full. It is futile to try to get more disk space. Data expands to fill any void.

Quote Originally Posted by Tesseract View Post

My computer doesn't even run explorer.exe. That said, I use litestep, not explorer, for my shell.
    haha right, you can bring explorer back after you end it (task manager > applications > new task > explorer.exe) but i once killed some random process and windows said "wtf stuff failed now i shut down "

and msconfig is the way to go for the processes and startup stuff, but yeah know what you're disabling... i've killed my internet and themes doing that before

somehow i don't think that's the problem though. it's a decent computer, wouldn't have trouble handling all that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tesseract View Post

And on the background processes thing... msconfig in run. And then see what you don't need to start at startup. Again, if you don't know what it does, don't stop it, and check on the net or something first.
    I never for one second said that explorer.exe was the most important process. I was just giving him an example ( the first that come to my head ) of a process that you shouldnt end.

In your (boyfriend/girlfriend/mum/dad/pet dog)'s bed. With a weapon.

Yeah, but it's piss to restart explorer.exe
    Disks are always full. It is futile to try to get more disk space. Data expands to fill any void.