> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default Manga signature tutorial

Hello, in this tutorial iam gonna explain you how to create a manga signature... edit: wait iam editing it... sorry i pressed submit new thread ..

Outcome can be something like this:

Ok, let's start

step 1. Create a document 400x100 px ( set the backgrond to Transparant )

step 2. Now got to Filter » Render » clouds and press a couple of times Ctrl+F till you got something what u like... I got this:

step 3. Now the cool part starts... First download this abstract brush..

step 4. Take your brush tool and load the brushes:

step 5. Create a new layer (Shortcut: Ctrl+Shift+N) and now take your abstract brushes (scroll down in your brush palette) now u see that u have new 'abstract' brushes:

step 6. On your new layer press 1 time 'D' (the colours are now black-white) select a abstract brush and click once with black:

step 7. Now slect another brush and press 1 time 'X' (the colours are now white-black) and slect another abstract brush and click once with white:

step 8. Now to this again, again again.. pres 1 time 'X' brush with another abstract brush, 1 time 'X' another abstract brush... now u something like this:

step 9. Ok, this step is the funny step... go to PlanetRenders and register.. then search in the searchbox: Manga ... now u got manga stuff etc. search for a cool/good looking girl

10. If u got that open it up with photoshop and press: Ctrl+A then press: Ctrl+C ... Ok now go to your signature document and press: Ctrl+V ... Now u ened to resize it, press Ctrl+T and hold shift and resize it untill u like it... i got this:

step 11. Ok, now u need to download again brushes.. But this time it are Blood brushes. Click here to download

step 12. Now set your foreground colour to white... (look step 4 for loading brushes), Create a new layer and brush [WITH WHITE!] on the sides: -its not very cool but i made it fast, fast-

step 13. Now create a new layer but under the layer with the render... and create scanlines... (scanlines tutorial.. follow it till u come on step 8) -press Shift+F5 select pattern and fill it- now set the opacity around 20-30%:

step 14. now add some text =) whatever u want (i have made this for my friend =D)

step 15. If u want a gradient overlay like mine just do this: Create a new layer above the abstract brush layer and take the gradient tool. Now choose 2 colours and drag it over your canvas. And now just change the blending mode to Multiply »

Ahhhhh... this was my tutorial -my first tutorial- i hope u liked it.. and plz post your outcome
    Last edited by BrkyB; 05-10-2007 at 11:26 AM.

nice tut, was really easy to follow, heres my outcome, yeah i see my mistake in it, forgot to put the pattern below the render

Last edited by Ruins Of Tomorrow; 05-11-2007 at 01:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruins Of Tomorrow View Post
    nice tut, was really easy to follow, heres my outcome, yeah i see my mistake in it, forgot to put the pattern below the render

whoow very cool, that u can made this.. coz this is my first made tutorial :P and veryt cool outcome m8!

plz more outcomes whoow... now iam proud of myself ..

btw; yes the render must be above the scanlines pattern but nicee.

I've got Photoshop 7, so the brushes aren't working. You don't by any chance have any image packs, do you? This is a cool tut and I'd like to try it.

Quote Originally Posted by pearlized View Post
    I've got Photoshop 7, so the brushes aren't working. You don't by any chance have any image packs, do you? This is a cool tut and I'd like to try it.
    sorry, but my english is ver bad..
    image packs, what do u mean?

here is my outcome

not sure if its good or bad..

it's the brush except as an image.

so a way to make an image pack out of a brush would be to stamp the brush once in black on a white background and save it as a .jpg file. because you can take any image document and make it into a brush.

here's an example:

because if you paste that into a photoshop document and go to "edit" > "define brush" then you'll have that swirl as a brush.

Quite nice. I think it would look nicer with little more color, but besides that nice clean basic sig.
    Fav:

Newest:

Quote Originally Posted by [PHXN] New001 View Post
    Quite nice. I think it would look nicer with little more color, but besides that nice clean basic sig.
    Well u can do that self há? a little bit playing with the colours and your own effect u dont need to follow the whole tutorial

@ Mama's boy: very nice, just the image of your render is sized out..

When u resize with Ctrl+T hold down shift and then resize.. otherwise you get a effect like you :P

Default hey whats up

So im a first time user of Photoshop cs3 just downloaded it any way i read your tut. and this is what i came up with

please let me know what you think later