No Members online

» Site Navigation

> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

Default Concert Poster (for a non-existant concert)

Well, I was messing around on PS today and decided to start working on a LP. I broke up with my girlfriend earlier this week, and I've kinda been flirting with my ex-gf, who's I'd marry right now if I had the choice. SO, here's a fake concert poster featuring her.

Depending on what music this concert would be, the poster would have to go with it. As for the photo, its a little blurry.
    I like it, a lot of soft lines and such in it that give feeling to it.
    By the color scheme of the whole thing I can see an acoustic guitar in the concert, but thats just me.

I think this is a pretty cool poster. I do have a couple of complaints about it though. I don't really like how her hair is blended. It makes me feel like it just gets cut off and looks kinda blurry. I also Don't like the text a whole lo. With those lines that are being worn away, well I was seeing a different type of text, maybe one that isn't so clean cut? But over all this isn't a bad poster. You did a good job on it.

My DevART
    RATCHET is my bitch
    Andrew says:
    u ever stolen a bible?
    Apathy says:
    no
    used the last two pages to roll a joint though
    Andrew says:
    wow
    thats fucking hard core
    ^^HAHAHA, dm sucks XD

It's a nice poster but her face is too blurry. Maybe if you get somewhat of an environment or backdrop behind her and blur that to bring more focus on her, but otherwise I wouldn't blur anything. I like those little details you added (pen tool?) that look like swirly string. The blending from the poster to her is well done as well.

XBOX Live Gamertag: Merc 106

Thank you guys for the comments! I've never gotten really good responses like that. I'm tweaking somethings so I might repost later.

THe poster and the colors look really nice. I luv the style. The only little problem is...the photo is a photo. I would say; make it a vector and it will fit in even more!
    • meh,don'tlikesigs

i actually dont like it very much as it is right now. the face should definatly duplicate the style of the lines and text of the rest of the image. look at the 28 weeks later posters, and try and duplicate the effect of the one of the guy in the biohazard suit. that dirty vector kind of thing might work well here. because that blurry photo just doesnt work so well with the rest of the style you have going on here.

This poster is good but it is a bit distractive and maybe.. how should i say this.. a hybrid?
    It looks kinda grunge at the top with the lines but further down maybe a bit popish or trancey.
    I think you should have decided one style at the very beginning.
    One thing that grabs my attention is the stripe going right across the poster and its the first thing i noticed, but it led to some information so its a smart move.
    the bad thing about this one though is that i dont think its "heavy" at the bottom wich is usually have posters should be, aka they should be able to stand (atleast that is what i learn at school in our design class).

the good thing though is i like the colour scheme and how the "hybrid" style's outcome is, sometimes they work sometimes they dont, but you made it work! cool .

Ah! Good points!