> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

Thread: Danger

Arrow Danger

Hi everyone. I'm new here, but this is my latest sig, using the Prince of Persia.

I do like it. Though the gradient used doesnt quite fit the picture. I believe thats prince of persia? I would use a more grungy, sandy touch for this one. Though I love the fading and the brushing used, the color just doesnt fit for me.

Nice border too.
    Yes. Im back.

Quote Originally Posted by Oblivion² View Post
    I do like it. Though the gradient used doesnt quite fit the picture. I believe thats prince of persia? I would use a more grungy, sandy touch for this one. Though I love the fading and the brushing used, the color just doesnt fit for me.

Nice border too.
    Thanks. Yes, it is indeed the Prince of Persia. Funny thing is...I've never played a single PoP game in my life. O_o Glad you commented, though. By the way, I've seen some of your recent sigs; they look good, but you mentioned that you were a returning member who's trying to get back some skill. I was wondering if there was a place on here where your older sigs are? I would love to see some of them.
    Last edited by MagicX; 06-19-2007 at 04:30 PM.

search the account "Oblivion". you might find some of his old stuff

i like it, but hes right, the colours could be a little different. if anything i'd remove that line in the bottom right... not sure why its there. why does is say danger?

also, maybe add a bit more "grunge" to the background.

Alt. Version:

I made an alternate version. The right side is a bit more grungier, and I made an attempt to make it so the light seemed far off from him, making his dilemma more noticable. To answer your question undertone, 'danger' is in the sig because the render (in this case, prince of persia) immediately gives off the impression that he has a hidden dark side to himself. In my forum sig, I say that "the greatest danger lies within ourselves." I feel that is the primary theme of my latest sig, and I tried to show it in a manner that showcases his distress and somber attitude. I felt that getting rid of the bar completely would make the text worse in terms of being able to blend it in with the rest of the sig, so I instead changed some settings to try to make both blend better.

ahh. so far all the changes look good to me. good work.

Remove the color from the render, and the bg seems to brushed, and the colors is very monotone.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    Remove the color from the render, and the bg seems to brushed, and the colors is very monotone.

Wow, I never thought people could hate the color purple so much. Honestly, a huge part of the sig is to be somber/sober, so honestly removing the colors would make it appear a bit off IMO. You could say the BG is a bit overbrushed, but that was part of the approach I wanted to make with this sig. I was trying to give off an almost fantasy-esque feel to it, with some grunge mixed in.

Something doesn't look right about the render, but I like everything else.. INCLUDING the PURPLE..

Quote Originally Posted by MagicX View Post
    Wow, I never thought people could hate the color purple so much. Honestly, a huge part of the sig is to be somber/sober, so honestly removing the colors would make it appear a bit off IMO. You could say the BG is a bit overbrushed, but that was part of the approach I wanted to make with this sig. I was trying to give off an almost fantasy-esque feel to it, with some grunge mixed in.
    It's just his opinion.

it's what he got from it, not what he was supposed to get from it, or understand about it.

6/10.

It seems too off balance to me. and over-brushed.
    Death becomes us all.