> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

Thread: Balthier

Default Balthier

Ok, for anyone who's played Final Fantasy XII. You know, Balthier kicks ass and if you disagree you suck.

Anyway, This is my most elaborate sig to date and you know me. I aim for 1 sig a day sometimes 2. Anyway, I thought my Naruto sig was awesome but this....this blows to out of the water. This took a while but I think it's my best EVER!!! Enjoy.

19 layers + 13 adjustment layers = AWESOMENESS!

v1

v2

In v2, I added 2 gradient maps to give to more color vs having the real intense reds and oranges. That way its a little more cooler. I did another dodge and burn layer. 1 more blur layer. Honestly, It's a main stock, 1 c4d, and a background stock (see the stars just to the left and right of the focal) Then just clipping masks to give the c4d a little more active effect and brushing to add to the blank spots.

I was trying to do my patented Crescent Freedom text but honestly I couldn't get it the flow correctly with the sig itself and in my eye to would've look very tacked-on. I'll even to a 3rd version if its a necessity. I want to this to be perfect. Figure out why! Mwahahaha!
    Last edited by Freedom; 08-21-2007 at 05:32 AM.
    Grim Reaper!

Looking good. I love the blending and the colours. I think the colours help blend the render. Its also got good flow, with the c4d effect? and others. However, I think you could've changed the colour slightly and add some tones of other colours too. Myabe add some gradient maps on diffrent blending modes to add depth. At the end, when you've finished the sig, what I usually do is I apply the image and then use the burn and dodge tool to add some depth. Maybe sharpen and blur some parts too. Anyways, I think your best is the anime guitar one. Love that one cuz of the colours. If you could slightly improve on colours on this, it would look awesome. But I love the effects on the background and its got some nice composition As for the text, I say stick to your usual cool text (with the moon and everything) cuz that kinda added to YOUR style. Overall, greatwork. 8/10. Your second best IMO

^^ agree with NSR the bg is very interesting. I would maybe add some of those c4d kinda things over him just a bit not over face just at the bottom of him to blend him better.

the background was great i like it tho.. and i think the render doesnt fit the BG..

Proud Member Of MasterWorks® Family