» Site Navigation

> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

Default Mac Vs PC....again

Now i'm not entirely sure which is better. I can't seem to get a reliable answer from anyone. Mac users swear by macs and PC users swear by PC? But which IS better? Sure, macs excel at graphics, but do they REALLY? I mean your standard mac only has an ati 1600 graphics card and i reckon i could get better for the same cost in a PC. OS X is a cool operating system, from what I've seen, but people warn me that as an operating system, it is limited in what it can do, where windows is more diverse...

I'm not sure which is better.

Any thoughts?

(im planning om buying a new mac or pc, see.)

If You're not A Filter-Monkey, Copy this into your sig!

I prefer macs over PCs even though I don't really own one at the moment muahah(yet ). OS X is a more stable and reliable OS than Windows because it is UNIX based (although it doesn't make it more secure in technical terms. It only appears more secure due to the smaller market share. But Apple has time to fix this). Mac OS , I found at least gets better with every update. Something that Windows has lost their momentum on.

If you're looking for a video-editing/photo-editing machine, the Mac has really lost its edge recently. PC's trump it in terms of performance but not by much.

Games? Get a PC.

School? The software bundled and the development tools are awesome!

Price? Macs are more expensive initially, but have a cheaper cost of ownership. What does that mean? Sort of like buying a Ford and a Lexus. Which one is more expensive initially? Which one brings a better quality of experience?

Theres a really good informative site comparing OS X to Windows XP: http://www.xvsxp.com/finalscore/index.php
    Last edited by carrotderek; 08-24-2007 at 11:25 AM.
    It's MORPHIN' time!
    github
    deviantART
    Last.FM
    carrotderek

I own both. I have a PC desktop from about 4 years ago and at the end of last year I bought a Macbook. Personally, I've found my PC to be much more stable. Recently I've actually been getting errors on my laptop, I might have a virus or something. But my PC has always been reliable. It was also cheaper, and at the time that I bought it, it was pretty much top of the line, with only the graphic card being sub-par. If I were to go to back in time knowing what I know now, I probably would have purchased a PC laptop. Just because the advantage I had was so small in my college courses. And as far as graphics go, I haven't even thought about putting Photoshop/Illustrator or any of the Adobe programs on my Macbook. I use them all on my PC and I'm really happy with it.

Thanks for your helps guys. I think I am going to get a PC. To be fair, with the money I have, i can spend it all on an entry level mac, or I could, for the same money, get a quad-core high end gaming PC - now i Know what you think.. "gaming pfft" but Gaming PC's are orientated toward graphics and stuff like that because games these days are graphics monsters. So any gaming PC will, with the right tweaks, produce real quality on the graphic design front.

If You're not A Filter-Monkey, Copy this into your sig!

Maaaaac! When I worked at a local newspaper we used mac and it owwwwnnnsssszzzz.