> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

Thread: My 9-11 report

Default My 9-11 report

This was supposed to be a story, but it sucked. so i turned it into a 'debate.'

don't make fun of me for being sensitive. :'l

As the towers began to hit the ground, my family began to cry. I remember awakening that morning having no clue what was happening. My grandmother told me that terrorists attacked the WorldTradeCenter this morning with an airplane. Considering I was in second grade, I didn’t think much of the incident. Then I saw the news on TV showing people jumping out of the building. I still can’t get the images of people jumping thousands of feet out of a building only to die on contact, people burning, and people getting crushed by large pieces of debris.
    Whoever had the nerve to kill thousands and ruin a nation is evil. It’s still pretty foolish to enter a country that may not have performed the attacks, although we are pretty sure it was Iraq. America just fueled their fire, and now they want us dead. We should’ve tried to settle things peacefully before we took more lives and they took more lives, both America and Middle Eastern.
    These people who decided to attack American in the homeland were wrong. They should be punished, even though most of the attackers are dead now. Their actions can still be accountable for, and punishment can be given to the other country as a whole. They killed thousands, ruined families, and hurt a nation.
    There were good aspects to this whole ordeal. There was a sense of unity in the country, and even the world after this. This has rarely happened before in the world. People started to see that some material possessions are less important then people and things you hold dear to your heart. People realized that their life can’t be as hard some other adults in the world, and even children in some parts of the world.
    9-11 was something that could’ve been stopped before-hand if there was some kind of knowledge, or maybe even more strict rules about carry-on items in a plane. Although 9-11 was a tragic event in American history, it brought a sense of unity to the world. This probably helped families cope with their loses better knowing that people are with them. America seemed like a family for once.

As the towers began to hit the ground, my family began to cry. I remember awakening that morning having no clue what was happening. My grandmother told me that terrorists attacked the WorldTradeCenter this morning with an airplane. Considering I was in second grade, I didn’t think much of the incident. Then I saw the news on TV showing people jumping out of the building. I still can’t get the images (get the images what? out of your head?) of people jumping thousands of feet out of a building only to die on contact, people burning, and people getting crushed by large pieces of debris.
    Whoever had the nerve to kill thousands and ruin a nation is evil. It’s still pretty foolish to enter a country that may not have performed the attacks, although we are pretty sure it was Iraq. America just fueled their fire (whose fire? be specific), and now they want us dead. We should’ve tried to settle things peacefully before we took more lives and they took more lives, both America(n) and Middle Eastern.
    These people who decided to attack American in the homeland were wrong. They should be punished, even though most of the attackers are dead now. Their actions can still be accountable (accounted) for, and punishment can be given to the other country as a whole. They killed thousands, ruined families, and hurt a nation.
    There were good aspects to this whole ordeal. There was a sense of unity in the country, and even the world after this. This has rarely happened before in the world. (rarely has this happened before in the world) People started to see that some material possessions are less important then people and things you hold dear to your heart. People realized that their life can’t be as hard some other adults in the world (isn't as hard as the lives of others), and even children in some parts of the world.
    9-11 was something that could’ve been stopped before-hand if there was some kind of knowledge, or maybe even more strict rules about carry-on items in a plane (on planes). Although 9-11 was a tragic event in American history, it brought a sense of unity to the world. This probably helped families cope with their loses better knowing that people are with them. America seemed like a family for once.

its okay. not bad for a grade 8 report, but i've read better :P sense of unity is bolded because you repeated it, which weakens its' impact. i thought it was effective the first time, but not the second time xD
    Last edited by snap; 09-23-2007 at 11:53 PM.

thanks snap.

i'm actually a freshman.

my mommy started me in school late, and then skipped a grade.

I'd say a B+ because of the expression of emotion...
    Try to heighten your language

BTW, B+ is a grade given here in England

thanks nsr. it's given here once in awhile also.

like 85%+