> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

Thread: Where to start?

Default Where to start?

alright, well I'm looking to design a flash portfolio website. I've got Design Suite Premium CS3.

problem is, i have no knowledge in actionscript whatsoever. Normally, this kind of thing isnt a problem for me, i find some tutorials and teach myself over time. But, i really cant seem to find any tutorials for Actionscript 3.0 or any worthy tutorials for the CS3 programs at all to leave it at that. And if i do manage to find something, it ends up being something i have to pay for. And imo the Adobe Video Workshop tutorials are completely useless. I was kinda hoping some of you guys have done better then me or could pass down your knowledge ^_^

Somethings I'm looking to learn:
    >Creating a drop down menu in flash?
    >Do any of you guys incorporate dreamweaver?
    >Is there a way to link a flash click to an object outside of the flash? (like loading a different page of the site)
    >After the creation of your site how exactly do you go about changing/updating it? Say i wanted to add a new art piece to my portfolio, do i go into the flash file itself and change that all together and then completely replace the old .swf with this one?
    >How exactly do you code a flash clickable object? I've tried some of the tutorials in the Adobe Workshop and i cant seem to get them to work. The object appears clickable, but when you click nothing happens.
    >I'll probably come up with some new ones...

Any help would be much appreciated
    Last edited by EasyMeat; 10-22-2007 at 01:58 PM.