> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

Thread: Hell Lord

Default Hell Lord

Yeah well I literary got up this morning came over to my computer and opened up photoshop and made this signature. To me it looks a bit interesting and not the good interesting. I need to find out where the blob on the left came from cause I don't like it at all...I didn't do the lighting cause I first wanted some suggestions on where and how I should make the lighting. Lighting, Text, Depth are the three main things I need to focuss on getting better at so if anyone has any tips please do tell =D

CnC please

Last edited by Trikato; 10-28-2007 at 11:07 AM.
    :Latest:
    :Favorite:

Hmm the text itself is good but it looks somewhat out of place maybe if you tried some different positioning ?
    I would put some light come from the bottom left. Just a big right of the corner or just off the centre at the bottom.
    I dont know too much about depth but maybe if you didn't blend in the render so much it might help.
    I see what you mean with the blob maybe if you tried to put a little bit of a C4 in there it would be better.

Other than that the background if quite good and sort of give a nice liquid metal feel to it.

its to dark, the render needs more light coming from it. dont like the effect you have on the bg.
    Since its so dark it doenst seem like there is much to it. The text is hard to see and i dont like the placement
    of it. Seems like you randomly placed it there

I probably don't say this in my post with my sigs but I guess I'll say it now

DON'T SAY ANYTHING ON THE TEXT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know my text us always screwed up cause I NEVER WORK ON IT
    I just want CnC on the sig
    It's dark cause of no lighting which is what I am working on now and I said if anyone has suggestions on where or how I should put lighting into it tell me THAT'S why it's dark.
    BG is "boring" because without the lighting I didn't want to add anything else cause it would look weird
    Last edited by Trikato; 10-29-2007 at 05:11 AM.
    :Latest:
    :Favorite:

To bring more light into your sig i would try and do some brushing in the dark areas
    with a red like in the top right corner, and use that effect to bring in light. Is one idea you
    could also use a big soft brush have it be white and imo place it to the left of the render
    in the dark area, and then change the blending to overlay maybe or soft light so it
    isnt this big white light.
    Just try messing with a few ways of adding a light source till you get what you want