> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

Thread: Haters

Default Haters

So, while I was web surfing for other gfx forums, a buddy of mine sent me this IM with a link in it. It happen to take me to another forum for gfx he was on. While I was looking around I saw a lot of things I liked and the people were really nice to new comers. So I thought "Okay, this might be cool." That was until I came across a thread called "Sigs I've worked on." while reading though, the first couple of post I got so mad.

My girl friend who was next to me actually had to calm me down. It was utter crap. The people of this site were bashing this poor 14 year old who just started photo shop for using renders and not his own art. Now I can understand giving him crap playfully, but these people were bashing his soul into the ground. I couldn't figure out why I was posting this on here, until I thought about it a bit more.

So I came to this conclusion; why do people do this? Is it lack of talent on their own behalf? Perhaps they where bashed the same way when they first started? Or is it something so little as to they just didn't like his style of sigs?

Could someone give me some insight to this?

Here at the void we do not tolerate bashing of any kind. Nor do any of our members care for it so it doesn't happen often. I don't know tbh. I don't remember ever intentionally bashing someone. Usually if i don't have something nice or CONSTRUCTIVE (theres a difference) to say then i don't say it.

My DevART
    RATCHET is my bitch
    Andrew says:
    u ever stolen a bible?
    Apathy says:
    no
    used the last two pages to roll a joint though
    Andrew says:
    wow
    thats fucking hard core
    ^^HAHAHA, dm sucks XD

Or if i have some not nice to say i wrap it in as much as possible cuz bashing is shit

I don't know about other people but at least I don't see signatures as something very serious. It's a small thingy at the end of your posts. If people use stuff like game characters or whatever in the signatures, it's no big deal. No one will kill them for it. At least not here. It's like using stock photos from DeviantART in your photo manipulations. It's ok as it's never very serious works. With serious I mean art on a high level which you put your soul into. Signatures are something you can throw together in about 10 minutes if you want.

These people you speak of are idiots. Pathetic, incompetent, unprofessional beginners who don't know much. That's most likely the case. The high level designers and artists and professional artists never hang out on the same forums as the beginners. They have nothing there to do. Left are the ok (or bad) artists. When people like this "make their own renderzzz", it's mainly unimpressive junk they randomly generated in Cinema 4D. So, really, who the hell cares if some 14 year old didn't make that render himself or whatever. Those who do are fucking idiots. Pathetic idiots who probably are on such a low level that they find it ok to bash someone who isn't as "experienced" as themselves.

Feel free to copy/paste this on that forum if you would like to show them other forums' opinions. I'm not registering on a forum like that, that's for sure.

Thank you, all of you who posted in this. And Martin I will gladly do so. I am contacting the guy who was bashed and I'm gonna link him to the void for sure ^_^ That way he can actually learn and not be bashed out.

Hehe. Maybe it's safe not to mention which forum it came from. We don't want to start a war and have 500 new members spamming and ruining the forum...

I'm going to talk to the guy on Aim tonight. LoL