» Site Navigation

> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

Default New sig, CnC please :)

Well, its been a long time since I posted my last sig here at void lol. Anyway, I made this sig a few days ago by using what I had learnt from the tuts here. CnC please

Latest
    [W.I.P]

I like it, but I can't tell what the image is.

I don't like the font. But other than that, not bad

I like the effects and actually that the render is so sharp. Although the bg is kind of boring. A bit more detailed background.
    Also, text is horrible, no offence. But bevel/emboss text is never good.
    But all in all a pretty nice sig

Formerly known as silentshadow
    http://flickr.com/aeilertsen

Thanks, this is basically the only text I know. How do people make text that other people consider "Amazing". I see the text is ussually blended, but is it like a certain text, a style or are they just screwing around with the opacity?
    Latest
    [W.I.P]

Render is way to sharp

the effects are way to bright in some areas HARSHLY distracts from the focal

the text is WAY too big and boring

sorry but uu need to read some more tutorials

No we dont run for the Olympics, But the flames with us.
    -Weezy F. Baby

Hey rumy, i usually dont like to you know pick on anybody, but you are being rather harsh and rude...i guess, try leaving him some good stuff about what hes done and what he can do to improve what hes doing wrong in your eyes, not just throw it at him what he did wrong you know?...so yeah just letting you know about that

well heres my opinion

I do think you should try reading up on some of the tuts in here, Daemon has some good ones, and incorporating stuff you learn there with other effects you already know and are comfortable with, that way you will grow more.

I think you oversharpened the render a tad too much, nonetheless the effects on him are somewhat nice, you are learning... so what you could try to do for that is add in light sources, soften the image a bit, cuz it kinda hurts my eyes to look at something so sharp and over contrasted

the background is rather bland and plain, with just some fractal renders thrown in... you should try messing around with filter effects, stock images, blending modes on the layers all that jazz man

Overall, your learning and progressing slowly but what I suggest you do is start checking out the tuts, asking tons of questions of higher members you think are good (dont be super annoying tho) and talk to people on the void about how to do stuff and what you can do to fix your work up and make it look good =D

Oh yeah, text...try and stickto default text and make them somewhat blend into the background as to not attract ugly attention ^^, try talking to some other members like daemon or papa and other people about how to do it
    Last edited by Bloodshot; 01-05-2008 at 12:52 AM.
    :Latest:

:Favorite:

Hey bloodshot wnna peice of me?

I'll meet u in the Battlegrounds :P

lets see whos the better designer:P

No we dont run for the Olympics, But the flames with us.
    -Weezy F. Baby

Rumy, he's not kidding. I think the same thing, i went through your last few posts and your being unhelpful. Your new so you don't know this but gfxvoid is a community and we HELP here, rather than put peoples work down. So if you have some critiques and you see problems with the sig GREAT, but tell him how to fix it rather than saying:

You need help
    This won't win you any SOTW's

Your new so it's okay, but try to keep this in mind in the future.
    Last edited by Papa; 01-05-2008 at 10:19 AM.

My DevART
    RATCHET is my bitch
    Andrew says:
    u ever stolen a bible?
    Apathy says:
    no
    used the last two pages to roll a joint though
    Andrew says:
    wow
    thats fucking hard core
    ^^HAHAHA, dm sucks XD

Alright, thanks alot for most of the tips made here
    Il try and mess around with bthis one and fix it up. Then Il go and follow as many tuts as possible :P
    Latest
    [W.I.P]

wow jeez man...dont be so harsh...i was just telling you what was wrong with your posting and critiquing...and no, i dont wanna piece of u, i have better things to do than do a gfx battle out of hatred...gfxvoid is a place to learn and grow not for spite battles and boasting rights...besides im not up for it anyhow

and yeah irish, when you follow the tuts, try and find the parts you enjoy about the sig and incorporate them all^^ you'll find you get a much better outcome thats to your liking
    :Latest:

:Favorite: