My Current:

My Latest:

---------------------

"He who cannot be defeated will not be defeated."

"The only easy day was yesterday."

---------------------

- Proud Father
    - Proud Member of 4th Dimension Gaming

Its certainly alright. The stock doesn't look quite blended though. It fits the color, but not quite fits the sig.
    Also the text looks cool, but doesnt quite work for this sig.
    Fav:

Newest:

Let me put this out there and maybe you all can give an even better CnC on my sigs.

When you say stuff like "stock", "c4d", "blend", "grunge", and stuff like that... it's safe to assume you're speaking words I don't yet fully understand, if I understand any of it to begin with.

These sigs I make... I make them without any tutorials, no help from "experienced" artits, etc. I simply open up PSCS2 and mess around with a whole lot of options to see what exactly does what. Sometimes it works out great, sometimes it works out alright, and sometimes I make something that should be burnt lol.

Anyway, that's my background with photoshop and it's terms...

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate any CnC that I get... but some of these terms... I simply look at, read, and say "ok, sure. What's that mean?"
    My Current:

My Latest:

---------------------

"He who cannot be defeated will not be defeated."

"The only easy day was yesterday."

---------------------

- Proud Father
    - Proud Member of 4th Dimension Gaming

Yea I totally get what your saying, and I get pretty absent minded and forget that these are not quite common terms.
    The stock, meaning the image that you have added (sometimes called render), would be master cheifs' head. And by blended I mean there theres a flow to the signature. Meaning that there's consistent lighting (if you look at master cheif's head, its clear that the light is shining on the back of his helmet), and a general consistency between the image and the signature itself.

I'm totally down for learning photoshop your way. Matter of fact thats how I did it. I think I used maybe 2 tutorials total, and learned mostly from exploring photoshop. So I encourage you to do the same. Just keep working at it. One day it just kindof "clicks" and then you find your own style.
    Fav:

Newest:

alright....so basically to me this looks like an image thrown on to a liquified background of silver and black with some pretty interesting text...

Jee...I dont really know what to start, cuz nothing really makes a great sig, its all perspective...but anyhow heres what i think

I think you should try checking out some of the tuts here and learning some of the techniques that add depth, lighting, interesting backgrounds, fixing your text, overall making the sig look very interesting.

Uhm, first off

Blending, blending adds depth and all that jazz man you can learn alot about blending just by asking around people on how to do certain stuff, also taking the tuts

lighting: lighting also adds depth, along with blending, it adds more interesting points to your work.

theres sooooo many more factors but i do not have the memory nor the patience to write them all out but i will tell u this

Just ask around and talk to people, look at others work and talk to people about it, take the tuts on here....

all you gotta do really to find out stuff

Talk to senior membors on this area that know their way around here

the shoutbox is a great tool that u need to learn how to use if u want to grow.
    :Latest:

:Favorite:

I dont want to be to harsh, but the bg seems to filtered and lifeless, i would add some color to get some more movement in it. Also you need to add some depth try to make a new layer and go image apply image then go filter blur gaussian blur. 1-2 px and then erase over the render, after that darken the sides a bit. The text is just to big and dont fit the bg try some default fonts. I would recommend you to read some tutorials, just to get a hang on some techniques