> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

Thread: Question

Question Question

ok, so i'm on a break with my girlfriend and i was wondering if its usually a bad thing.. cause i really don't know..

i mean we're not dating anymore.. that kinda break.

imissher!

clicky

It can be a good, the thing is to give her some space and not to act needy then in a couple of days or when you feel is the right amount of time for yourself and your situation as her out just for a coffee or a slice of pizza...

Try and pick a place thats a decent length walk so there is time to talk.

Good luck mate

ahh screw women.. pussy.. that's all, the females attached to it cause too much trouble
    deaz\dxloa\dxedr

Lol wtf Stu.

Well uhm if it's good or bad.. Can't really tell. We don't know anything about your relationship. :P It can be a good thing, but you need to really talk to her. But often "a break" means the same as "it's over, but I'm afraid to say it"... Hope that's not the case. How long have you been together?

precisely, my statement is proved in martins, because when a girl says "break" it means they don't want to break up with you because then they'll have a bad concious about being a bitch.. no offence to you or your girlfriend i mean in general.. so it can't be good.. but sometimes if you actually trust the girl, which comes with other implications, could mean it's just a break and things will be alright but i know what it's like needing some conformation but don't fret man.. i'm sure there's sooo many more important things than a girl.. if that happened to me i'd just leave it and not bother worrying over something like that
    deaz\dxloa\dxedr

Depends on what's going on in the relationship.

My best mate got really down about 2 years ago due to his girlfriend wanting a "break", but she really just needed one to clear her head and get on with her studying. She had every intention of getting back with him after all the exams and such were over. However, she didn't tell him, so by the time the exams were over, he was too far gone to be with her again.

That boy has nothing but bad luck with relationships.

Religion gives nothing in life, only in death.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinBabies View Post
    Lol wtf Stu.

Well uhm if it's good or bad.. Can't really tell. We don't know anything about your relationship. :P It can be a good thing, but you need to really talk to her. But often "a break" means the same as "it's over, but I'm afraid to say it"... Hope that's not the case. How long have you been together?
    That's what I was thinking, if the break is to try and spend some time apart and hopefully be happy when you are back together. Then it is basically delaying a breakup...

Quote Originally Posted by XaiXo View Post
    My best mate got really down about 2 years ago due to his girlfriend wanting a "break", but she really just needed one to clear her head and get on with her studying. She had every intention of getting back with him after all the exams and such were over. However, she didn't tell him, so by the time the exams were over, he was too far gone to be with her again.
    Quite frankly, there's a problem if a couple has to break up because of school. If two adults (i'm going to assume they were atleast close to being adults) can't manage their time together and apart to accommodate both of their schedules then neither of them should be in a relationship. When I was in high school I balanced a girlfriend, 2 jobs and playing hockey 5 times a week. We broke up after we graduated.

Sorry for getting off topic, so to relate back to the first post... I partially agree with what Stu wrote, because it's what I experienced with one of my ex's. Just take the time to enjoy your friends and your hobbies. It might be hard if you have mutual friends, but just be friendly when she's around. Don't start shit and don't get all weepy and beg her to get back with you because that will make her want to be with you less.