Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

Thread: Ithasbeenawhile

Default Ithasbeenawhile

First halo sig inawhile

C&C, peeps

GARIS - SILENTSHADOW - DAEMON
    PAPA - JORRNE - GOAT -IMMORTAL_TEKNIQUE

Dam, awesome job man.
    Only thing I can think of is maybe a border?

I think that is reallygood =]

American by birth, southern by the grace of God.

Very nice i would say a border and IMO i think you have to many light sorces doesnt really flow that well...but other than that very good

wow, thanks guys

uh... lol imo it looks like there are like 10 spikes about to decapitate master chief's head XD.

Sooo now on to the critic :P.

BEWARE I DID NOT REREAD ANY OF THIS! SO EXPECT TERRIBLE GRAMMER! LOL

Depth:
    -There isn't really any depth in this sig except for the negative space to the far left and right. Even if you blurred parts of it, it wouldn't help much with depth in this sig. I'm not really talking about like something far off in the distance btw, imo it looks like master chief's head is sticking out of a metal square whole with spikes aimed at it. Which means your depth will just be a few things that are out of focus. Which means your really only left with blurring out a few parts .

Lighting:
    -Your lighting is very odd, you have to two light sources coming from the top and bottom, which isn't a bad thing if you represent it correctly. The issue is master chief's helmet isn't lit up in the front, and you have a light source aiming at him dead on from the bottom. Also his face plate is very bright, it looks like somethings exploding and bright, yet the environment is way to dark for anything like that to really be happening in front of him. So you could either change the environment or change his face plate.

While we're on the topic of lighting, there's a spot right above the chief's head to the right that's just way to bright to not have a light source, or just not be there.

Composition:
    -Ok so you know what I think is happening in this sig already lol, now the thing is, what were you trying to make others see .

While I don't know what you used, I can tell you what it looks like you used. C4D renders and grunge brushes, and tons of them or a few complex ones XD. The thing is it just looks way to crowed and over sharpened for nothing to be clearly stating what's going on. And while that's completely my own opinion on the matter it just makes your sig look random. You have shapes in multiple directions, lighting in 4 different directions, and no real body to your render but it's head that is clearly shown so it just looks all jumbled up to me. The only way I could say something is happening is by saying what I already did at the start. And if you wanted it to look somewhat like what I referred to then instead of the bg being blue and green have it looks more the dirt, something most likely like brown and a better light source :P.

Additional Thoughts:
    - IMO I would have say that if your really wanting this piece to look good, it's going to take quite a bit more work, almost to the point of starting over. Which is a good thing sometimes.

Also I'm sorry I didn't mention any positives, normally I always like to end each critic on each subject with a positive but this just seems way to unfinished for that. And after reading all this I hope you don't think that I think you suck XD. For if I found a thread of your first sig you would hear almost all positives lol, it just this is the first I decided to critic since learning from your mistakes is where most learn best.

Now I'm going to bed because typing this much sucks! and to think I was sooo confident that this would be quick I typed it all up in the post quick reply window lol but I hope this helps.
    Last edited by Nightfire; 02-16-2008 at 02:23 AM.

Well i already comment in the rate area, and nightfire actually said it all so im gonne make this ^^

shit, you expect me to read all that? O.o

nah, joking. thanks sh*tloads for that
    btw,
    While I don't know what you used, I can tell you what it looks like you used. C4D renders and grunge brushes, and tons of them or a few complex ones
    It was more than that, but the thing is... not MUCH more than it
    ken joo is maek tutoreal?

I do like it i just think its a tad busy. I think the spikes under master chiefs head should either be removed or moved down slighty to reveal more of the render making it a better focal point.