» Site Navigation

> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

Default My First Sig - TimeShift

Well, this is my first sig, out of many more - hopefully.

It took a while, but I suppose your first one should, feel free to be as mean as ever!

mean huh? :P
    No fricken way this is your first lol. No i'm serious it's not.
    The Time shift text is PERFECT! AWESOME JOB! and on the first try its pretty impressive. The elf text, needs work. Get rid of the white outer glow, you want text to blend into sigs and for best blending don't use blending options on text.

Also i recommend making it green or a color that is more used in the sig, there is a bit of blue but it really doesn't blend a lot. I also recommend moving it below the timeshift text. mainly because you don't want text all over the sig otherwise it distract away from it a lot. I would say just try and have it in one place...Consolidate Otehr than that nice work.

The BG (background, lol learn what that stands for cause you'll hear it a lot.) is pretty good and for a first sig awesome. However you want some aprts of it sharp and some parts blurred to create depth.
    To fix that go in to your PSD and do the following.
    Create a new layer and go to image> apply Image> OK
    then take you your blur tool on 35 % strength and on a small size 20-30 PX and just blur in a couple spots, preferably around the edges of the sig, to create depth. The sharp spots bring good focus though nice job.
    the smudging is also very good, i encourage you to smudge a lot and try to refine your style.

The render is nice however two things need to happen:
    1. you need to get rid of the multiple heads you have by the render. they are very distracting and aren't doing a lot for the sig. So just go into the PSD and delete those layers, or erase those parts on the layers.
    2. You need to sharpen the render's face a lot. This will bring more focus to teh focal (go figure :P) and will keep us from looking so much at the text.

Nice job on the border and coloring though, they are looking very nice and blend well with the sig.
    I encourage you to try some tutorials, and also try to learn how to do a clipping mask with some help from me or someone else, or a tutorial, because i believe you will benefit a lot from them.

Nice job for your second :P

My DevART
    RATCHET is my bitch
    Andrew says:
    u ever stolen a bible?
    Apathy says:
    no
    used the last two pages to roll a joint though
    Andrew says:
    wow
    thats fucking hard core
    ^^HAHAHA, dm sucks XD

i agree with everything papa said.
    we should introduce a rep system, so we can rep people for posts like that >.>

In response to PaPa, I created a Halo 3 Sig.

Still, please rate my TimeShift one!

And, the color ver (not so good )

Last edited by Elfy; 04-01-2008 at 01:53 PM.

well, AWESOME FOR A FIRST TRY!!!!!!!!!
    kinda weird border though...

GARIS - SILENTSHADOW - DAEMON
    PAPA - JORRNE - GOAT -IMMORTAL_TEKNIQUE

get some color in that halo sig would look mighty sweet i bet!
    ::new::

::fav::

Quote Originally Posted by Papa View Post
    I would have prefered to see some M-birds in there. But overall pretty slick :P

Quote Originally Posted by snap View Post
    i agree with everything papa said.
    we should introduce a rep system, so we can rep people for posts like that >.>
    thanks snap!
    @the sigs
    Black and white FTW on the halo sig.
    This sig is far better than your other IMO so nice job, I'm guessing you tried out my tut looks good and you should keep doing tuts to learn more, you imporved a lot from your last sig.

The text is nice however the ELF text is a bit too big IMO. I would try to make it a tad bit smaller and move it up so it almost directly below the other text, maybe 1 - 2 px separation between the two.

The clipping masks and blending is looking good however, you want to try and make sure you don't cover up tooo much of the render. I think you covered up a pretty good amount, a little less might be nice.

The C4d in the right corner is cool, however I think you need you should try to blend it a bit more by smudging it a tiny bit in some spots or doing a couple clipping masks over it...Basically anythign that will provide as a connector for the sig for teh c4d. C4d's are hard to use though so it's a easy mistake, and it's not even that noticable lol I'm just nitpicking :P
    Though besides those tiny details i think you did a great job on it do more, i wanna see more improvements.

My DevART
    RATCHET is my bitch
    Andrew says:
    u ever stolen a bible?
    Apathy says:
    no
    used the last two pages to roll a joint though
    Andrew says:
    wow
    thats fucking hard core
    ^^HAHAHA, dm sucks XD