> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

Thread: No Country

Default No Country

i thought the stock was kinda cool so I wanted to try and do something with it.
    The building in the BG is not part of the stock.

The movie was awsome, hes a crazy good actor.
    As for the signature, i dont think it is finished, i mean the left side has some nice effects but the right just seems way to plain and unfinished, try adding some more stuff/effects to that side. The text needs work, i dont think the No Country needs to be in Italic form, it makes it seem pixealated on this font. The movie title says
    No Country for Old Men, not
    No Country for Old Men.
    Its hard to understand it if you lay them on top of eachother.
    Work on those few defaults and you have yourself a great signature

Updated with some changes.

still not digging the Font and Text area, above where you originally had it would be a nice place, but try a different font something the goes along with No Country for Old Men.
    As for the rest, the right side is perfect, just doesnt fit the left side you know?
    Good job so far

American by birth, southern by the grace of God.

Looks pretty cool I like the bg a lot just the text needs work doesnt really fit in much

Quote Originally Posted by HellBent View Post
    still not digging the Font and Text area, above where you originally had it would be a nice place, but try a different font something the goes along with No Country for Old Men.
    As for the rest, the right side is perfect, just doesnt fit the left side you know?
    Good job so far
    DO you have a suggetsion for him?
    I think a suggestiong would help him rthaer than have him shooting blind in the dark.

I think the version you had going in the beggining was far better. I think next time you should waity for a couple more peoples opinions rather than one persons that way you can come to a general concensus on what you need to change and how to do it.

The BG in V1 is awesome. However i feel like the orange/yellow spots on the left is killing it. YOu should try to blend it in more with the rest of the BG because its spot on! you could do this by smudging, clipping maskin it, or anything rly.

The blending is nice. MAybe work on a lightsource? The right side of his head is very overexposed and for teh whole sig to be dark doesn't make sense. I think you should add a lightsource coming from the middle-right-top area next to the rigth of the render.
    JUst create a black layer set it to linear dodge, graba large soft paint brush on a low opacity and using a bright color or white just paint a bit to create a light source.

The text is cool in V1 however i agree the NO country should be a bit smaller. However don't lower teh opacity liek you did in V2! That is one thing that bothers me a ton... Be confident in your text! Remember, the text is part of the sig, it isn't an add on or anything so V1 is looing good.

Nice job. You did a good job on this sig and your showing a lot of improvement.

My DevART
    RATCHET is my bitch
    Andrew says:
    u ever stolen a bible?
    Apathy says:
    no
    used the last two pages to roll a joint though
    Andrew says:
    wow
    thats fucking hard core
    ^^HAHAHA, dm sucks XD

Thanks Papa, I have a light lightsource in v1 to the right of his head (also showing as the lighter spot on the building in the BG), but yea, i felt the right side of his face was a little too bright too.

I'll try to post another hybrid version of 1 and 2 later today.