> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default My attempt at Ironman

There is my Ironman sig, thanks for the help from Ratchet. I actually enjoyed making this sig, CnC if you want to
    Last edited by Aristodemus; 05-26-2008 at 12:37 PM.
    Fav:

M-Birds = Godly

Not bad you picked up alot of techniques in this.

nice effects

Thanks
    Fav:

M-Birds = Godly

did u invert the ironman render

Nope
    Fav:

M-Birds = Godly

it came like that?

Yea it is one of Ironman's earlier suits.
    Fav:

M-Birds = Godly

Cool! I like the effects on the sides it looks like springs and whatnot you might see in a robot.
    This is pretty good however i think you could have gone with a smaller canvas. You have a lot of negative space in the sides, and it gives it sort of an empty feeling.

The effects are nice but the first thing i noticed is Ironman is VERY oversharpened. ANd everything else is blurred a lot. I think you should tone down the sharpeneing and then unblur some of the effects. The trick is to sharpen iron man and a few bits of the effects, leave most of them the same and the blur a couple. That way it's even in depth.

I think you need a bit more help on the blending. It seems you smudged him around a lot, but you only smudged a little bit and erased everything but that small bit. Normally this wouldn't be a problem but the transition for black to smaudged around ironman is not very smooth and in turn doesn't blend very well with the sig. I think you should smooth out the darkness to smudge.

The text is a bit big. And I think you could have done without the clipping mask. The clipping masks make sit so that a bit of the text is really bright and a bit is almost too dark ot see, it's pretty jumbled. I think i would like the solid text better.

I think you need a lightsource, this seems pretty dark and i think it would liven up the background a bit.
    LAst but not least, coloring! I think you should use a few more gradient maps or soemthing. The effects are all different and wild colors, red, yellow, puprle, blue, brown. It's too much. You should make it go with ironman a bit more using photofilters color balances and gradient maps.

ALso, where'd you get that render? It's sweet.

I like the sig though, it just needs some touchups.

My DevART
    RATCHET is my bitch
    Andrew says:
    u ever stolen a bible?
    Apathy says:
    no
    used the last two pages to roll a joint though
    Andrew says:
    wow
    thats fucking hard core
    ^^HAHAHA, dm sucks XD

Lol you weren't joking bout a long critique. Actually I didnt sharpen the render at all, thats how the render is; maybe once but I slightly erased over the render. As for the smudging I thought the same thing, I will probably go back over it and smudge it a little less; as for the colors I wasnt sure what colors would have gone well with the render but maybe, I could use a few more gradient maps. Also there was a lightsource, at the bottom middle; maybe I could make a new layer above it all to make it more visible. But yea I will try all those things later on, maybe today or tomorrow; And last but not least I got the render from a wallpaper I cut it out myself, I wanted to use an older version of the suit instead of the red and gold one like everyone else was using; something different. Ah of course almost forgot the text, was trying a clipping mask effect cause I thought it went well with Ratchet's sig, but couldnt find the right look on my sig; so maybe I will just use normal text and probably set it to soft light/overlay maybe? Not quite sure I need to work on text alot.

Edit: also I was looking at the sides, and noticed that maybe if your resolution on your screen might be large, such as 1600x1200 you cant really see the details on the sides, but on the comp I am on now I can notice the little details there are.

Edit again: I just realized I typed all this without looking at the screen/keyboard; was watching CSI: Miami (Woot Horatio is dead, never liked his character) so; sweet :P
    Last edited by Aristodemus; 05-28-2008 at 12:02 PM.
    Fav:

M-Birds = Godly