> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

Thread: Yoshi sig

Default Yoshi sig

Tryed to get some depth not sure if it worked, 1-10 please and comments for improval

Thanks Fire

Well there is depth in there but now you dont have much blending there the colors blend but, try to do some more effects blending, like clipping masks some filters, and perhaps you got a bit to much blur in your bg, kinda lost your detail.

For ypur text well i will give you my advice and stay with default fonts, also try not to make the text to complicated cuz then it will easily take to much focal.

hope that helped, papa can perhaps point some more out.

Hmm, i like the sig overall however i feel it could use a bit more of a background. On the left side it's kind of empty and could use a bit more effects like the right side.

The blending you used on Yoshi is okay, however I think you need more. Next time try overlapping some clipping masks for a better blending effect. It looks to me like you know how to make them so I'm not going to explain it however if you don't just ask and I'd be happy to.

You have lovely useage of c4d's however be careful. It looks to me liek you are tyring to use the c4d as a ligthsource. You should create your own lightsource by doing the following:
    create a new layer and fill it black
    using the color picker tool pick out a bright green or yellow
    then using a soft (0%hardness), 100px, 80% opacity brush brush once where you want your lighting to be.
    This will create a bright colored glow effect and works perfectly for litgh sources, i do it in every sig.

The effects again look pretty good, I also love the depth you used however it seems like everything except for Yoshi is blurred. You don't want that, you want some of it blurred but you also want to sharpen some of your effects and the render to make it blend well.

Finally the text, lol. The text isn't working for me. The clipping mask (or gradient) is sooo bright, Usually you want to stick to normal colors, stay away from blending options and try not to use clipping masks. However some of the guys always use clipping mask, and have perfected it to an art, I'm just saying don't use it cause it's easiest.
    Also you might want to try and stick to default fonts, if you have MSN i can give you some cool looking fonts that look like they could be default fonts but still work with like every sig. Placement wise you might want to move it away from the corner. It kind of makes me think you are trying to hide it and almost segregate it. You don't want to segregate it, it's part of your sig so move it loser to the center, show off your text skills
    Finally try to use colors that blend well with the area your text is in, it will make it blend more and in turn be better text.
    Haha actually it kind of looks like yoshi is crying lol. You might wanna fix that unless it's intentional.

I think you definetly have the basics down, however i think you need to make some minor adjustments to make it the bets it can be

..btw i don't like to rate usually so I'm not gonna hope you don't mind.

My DevART
    RATCHET is my bitch
    Andrew says:
    u ever stolen a bible?
    Apathy says:
    no
    used the last two pages to roll a joint though
    Andrew says:
    wow
    thats fucking hard core
    ^^HAHAHA, dm sucks XD

yearh placement i knew i forgot something:

Well if papa is throwing of lightning tips i might do aswell

What i normaly do (when i need a normal white light) is to create a new layer Take a large soft brush around 180 px and then keep atleast half of the brush outsite of the sig, eveb more. click once. Set this layer to soft light, reduce opacity if needed.

Then make a new layer again a soft white brush make it smalle like 90 px and then click once in middle of the other (on a new layer though) and keep this as normal. Just remember to keep much of the brush outsite the sig when doing it.