No Members online

» Site Navigation

> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

I have noticed lately tensions rising between certain opinionated members here, and I don't want it to go any further. We here at CX want you all to be able to freely express your opinions without anybody getting offended. For this to work, I have to lay down some ground rules, so listen up.

1. If you are strongly opinionated about a topic you feel strongly about, feel free to post it. HOWEVER, please make sure that your opinion cannot offend another member in any way. That would be considered more of a flame.

2. If you see something in a thread (for example a showoff thread) that you have a strong opinion of, please don't turn that thread into a debate thread. Simply go to the Offtopic forum and start a topic thread there. No need for ruining threads because of opinions. It has happened more than a few times already and needs to stop.

3. When arguing someone that you know is VERY opinionated, do not argue so that your goal is to try to manipulate the other member. They will not give in and it will lead to repeating yourself and pointless posts. Once you get your point across, do not repeat it over and over again, trying to make your arguing opponent give in to you. It won't work and will only cause trouble.

Again, I encourage you guys to have friendly debates, especially you opinionated types. However, I want you guys to keep those 3 ground rules in mind. They should help reduce tension and make arguments more like friendly debates, and CX will therefore be a better place

Krazy,
    Climb-X Staff
    Original Climb-X Co-Founder

I agree totally on this Krazy, but metioning names or pointing fingers doesnt help, we know who our political types are So lets not pass blame on people who's intentions are good. so if you dont mind I edited your post a bit
    P.S. Didnt mean to sound over your headish or anything I just dont think mentioning names will turn this into a flame fest

yea im sorry that i'm so manipulative. i suppose than when someone says some ignorant bullshit comment again i'll just let a mod pick it up.

why do i get pulled into it?

you want a good example? i posted a completely poll yesterday (ps3 vs 360)

first post is sidra saying that "but most Americas are retarded and bought Xbox's"

mk, so... i don't remember seeing it in the rules where sharing your opinion about something was wrong, and that insulting someone for their opinion was right.

also, for example.. in the gfx clans thread, i believe it was someone who said.. 'Gfx clans are stupid.

"omg lets make small art with no skill and then battle against others with it!!!!!!'

and so others (myself included) responded to the comment and we are told to stop arguing? why was the original post even tolerated? you say you are tired of sending out warnings, i hardly ever seen them given out to the people who really deserve it.
    all i/we were trying to do was help and clean it up when the mod's aren't watching.. why is it that we get misinterpreted into arguing?
    it's a FRIENDLY community remember?

instead of getting mad at all parties involved, why not deal punishment to the instigator? is it so hard to pick out the 'bad guy'? for lack of better words.. i know its cliche.

my 2 cents, not meant to be disrespectful so don't take it that way. i interpreted this thread to be one in which we shared our opinions on the issue.. well this is mine

lol it was not pointing fingers at what happened in the past. For the record, I didn't ignore the original post and I wasn't talking to the people who tried to correct the original poster. i didnt misinterperet the gfx clan clean-up help by you guys as an arguement. i was noticing some other threads that were arguementative.

lol purity i wasnt directing that post to you, but it seems as if you feel that this applies to you a lot so you defend yourself [from nothing]

Its all good. We just gotta move on. I wasn't meaning to point fingers when I mentioned a couple of our more outspoken members lol. Its not a bad thing.

Originally posted by Krazy@May 3 2005, 08:51 PM
    lol purity i wasnt directing that post to you, but it seems as if you feel that this applies to you a lot so you defend yourself [from nothing]

[snapback]12356[/snapback]
    you directly metioned my name.. so obviously it does apply to me.
    i wasn't trying to defend myself, you just act like my telling someone to stop talking bad about someone or something is argumentative. my post was a suggestion to get more active in moderating. if it can't be done, get more mod's.. i think that lately, we as a community have gotten too lax in the way we deal out punishments imo.
    was i not in the right in my comments on "gfx clans" or "360vs ps3"? if not tell me and i'll just ignore when someone insults or degrades someone. and if i was right, stop acting like i was being argumentative. at least someone comes forward and tells the person to cut the shit.

in both of those threads i noticed how you took a more broad ruling on the issue. why not just get after the person at fault instead of getting mad at the people who were trying to STOP an argument. just be more consise, thats what im saying. you don't know how irritating it is to call someone out for saying something insulting only to be told by an admin or mod to stop arguing.

Personally I dont think with Krazy's original post he was trying to degrade or yell at you, only reason I removed names so people wouldnt think he was tyring to do that. I think he simply just was saying that you are someone that likes to engage in friendly arguments to try and persuade your point, the posts in GFX clan and the poll thread were different, those were not arguments those were just you sticking up for the rules and others, just to clear this all up that is what was meant not that you are to blame Purity

i agree with both of you the arguing needs to stop but we dont need to yell at evryone.@purity im a mod and i am problaly the most active person on this bord but i cannot fix what happens in ceten fourms bc i am a mod not a super mod which also means i cant warn for some reason that was only given to super mods.

Originally posted by Kodiak@May 3 2005, 09:08 PM
    Personally I dont think with Krazy's original post he was trying to degrade or yell at you, only reason I removed names so people wouldnt think he was tyring to do that. I think he simply just was saying that you are someone that likes to engage in friendly arguments to try and persuade your point, the posts in GFX clan and the poll thread were different, those were not arguments those were just you sticking up for the rules and others, just to clear this all up that is what was meant not that you are to blame Purity
    [snapback]12368[/snapback]
    roger that.. i just dont like being told that i try to manipulate people, that wasn't my intention. i haven't argued in a long time, i got over the fact that it doesnt accomplish anything, i AM very opinionated, i will fully admit it. but i don't consider anything wrong with it. i consider myself to take the more mature route instead of sinking to the level of throwning another insult and adding fuel to the fire. but if i need to back off and just not post in such times, just let me know i'll do it

Originally posted by Purity@May 3 2005, 11:17 PM
    roger that.. i just dont like being told that i try to manipulate people, that wasn't my intention. i haven't argued in a long time, i got over the fact that it doesnt accomplish anything, i AM very opinionated, i will fully admit it. but i don't consider anything wrong with it. i consider myself to take the more mature route instead of sinking to the level of throwning another insult and adding fuel to the fire. but if i need to back off and just not post in such times, just let me know* * i'll do it
    [snapback]12370[/snapback]
    yup thats wut im trying to say lol. i just say that some people that are strongly opinionated (purity and sidra for example). i was not blaming you for anything lol most of the time recently ive been agreeing with it :P so stfu noob <_<

naw j/p :lol:

oh i see how it is.. <_<

&#39;sall good just makin sure we were on the same page B)