> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Square Enix Talks Revolution
    Could Nintendo's next console see support from the maker of Final Fantasy?
    by Anoop Gantayat

May 11, 2005 - A recent interview with Square Enix president Youichi Wada at Japanese site Impress Game Watch suggests good things both for Nintendo's networking plans and the next generation Revolution system.

In response to Nintendo president Satoru Iwata's recent comments on the company's upcoming networking plans (Wada's comments seem to have been made prior to Nintendo's official announcement regarding its DS WiFi service), Wada offers up praise for the ideas featured in the plan, and even suggests that Nintendo could bring new users to the Online gaming world.

One area that Wada seems to be impressed with is a particularly controversial side of Nintendo's Online plan. In his comments posted at Impress Game Watch yesterday, Iwata states that Nintendo is going through with the idea of letting players connect only to players whom they've met in real life. While it's unclear how strict Nintendo plans to be with this idea (Animal Crossing DS is reported to allow for play amongst strangers), Wada applauds the move in his comments today, stating "It gives the image of taking the real world seamlessly into the virtual world." This new structure could lead to a number of changes in the current network gaming system, with Wada suggesting "the means of building a community will be completely different, and support and services will also change."

The stance Square Enix takes on the new networking plan in relation to Revolution is the most intriguing. "What increased our interest further," states Wada regarding the networking plan, "is that the next step is already being prepared for Revolution." Nintendo's networking plan is, according to Wada, "not just a portable, not just a console -- it's exactly what we wanted in that it's the birth of a completely new platform."

Wada finishes off on the note of support from Square Enix: "From here on, we'll have to challenge ourselves with content in response to what Nintendo offers. We would like to give strong support."

With these comments, Wada seems to be committing Square Enix to support of Nintendo's new networking plan, and this will almost certainly take early form on the DS. The mention of Revolution's role in the company's decision process suggests that future support for the console is a possibility as well.

Source: IGN.com
    I would litreally piss myself laughing if Square Enix decided to make the Final Fantasy franchise an exclusive for the Nintendo Revolution; or atleast, decided to bring all the major versions of the franchise over to the Rev.

im 90% sure they wont. Playstation sells the most units of anything! So... people buy it more for it :lol:

Lmfao, you have no idea what the fu.ck you're talking about.

Im just saying... they are doing so good for PS, so why goto Nintendo?

THEY BETTER NOT GOTO NINTENDO OR ILL KILL EM!!

Well, if they make the new FF's only for Nintendo, one thing's for sure, I won't be buying anymore.
    Don't let your dreamers grow up to be dead men.
    Drown us at birth, save her some time.
    Drifting on romantic holiday,
    breathless as her cold arms cover me.

Just because Square-Enix wants to support Revolution doesn't mean Final Fantasy will be going to Nintendo exclusive. Anyone remember Final Fantasy Cyrstal Cronicals? That was an FF for Gamecube.

Hopefully Square-Enix makes original games for the Revolution and not just FF games.

Originally posted by Jinchuu@May 13 2005, 02:13 AM
    Just because Square-Enix wants to support Revolution doesn't mean Final Fantasy will be going to Nintendo exclusive. Anyone remember Final Fantasy Cyrstal Cronicals? That was an FF for Gamecube.

Hopefully Square-Enix makes original games for the Revolution and not just FF games.
    [snapback]18002[/snapback]
    I didn't say that it was going to become an exclusive for the Nintendo Revolution.

Do people ever read wtf I say? jeez....

Originally posted by Jinchuu@May 13 2005, 02:13 AM
    Anyone remember Final Fantasy Cyrstal Cronicals? That was an FF for Gamecube.
    [snapback]18002[/snapback]

whoohooo go gamecube \o/

i dont care where they make it for really here at my home we have quite a lot of consoles cause everyone here is into gaming so maybe we will get the new xbox 360 or the ps3

I'm still sticking with Nintendo all the way. I love Nintendo I lpay Nes and SNES more than I do XBOX and PS2.

Originally posted by Tiesto@May 13 2005, 03:34 PM
    I didn't say that it was going to become an exclusive for the Nintendo Revolution.

Do people ever read wtf I say? jeez....
    [snapback]18314[/snapback]
    Actually I was talking to rotting.away on that exclusive thing. Should have quoted. My mistake.

And yes, I read what you put. ^_^