» Site Navigation

> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

just make sigs? That's all i see, constant repetition of sig making, expand your mind and work with bigger things, sheesh.

I used to make a bunch of wallpapers and stuff but I really only make them when I want a change on my desktop. I use other forms of art though. I do graffiti, I paint, I write... Yeah.

Dude, just because you liek to varyate your art, doesnt mean EVERYONE has too, maybe they enjoy making sigs? your entitled to your own opinion, but you dotn have to tell us :P

what Chooby said but see its mainly cause I'm not to great but I m like Sleepy, I make wallapapers when I want a change of desktop, otherwise I just make sigs, and I write mainly

I know, but if any of you wish to excel in any area, constant sigs will not get you anywhere. For example if you wish for some sort of future in digital media or anything, you will get nowhere. Also, sigs are supposed to be a signature, to signify your username and who you are, that's all. Not some snazzy art piece.
    Also, many of you use renders in your sigs, i also see that as a form of ripping, unless you create the image, you are ripping. So i can call all of you rippers...

using a pic published by a game company isnt ripping at all. its even more publicity for the game itself, and isnt hurting the company in any way. and i didnt see anyone so far say they made the picture. its just obvious that they didnt. so u cant call all of us rippers. thats just stupid.

just my 2 cents

A definition of ripping is this;

one using a picture for personal gain they did not create, unless it is a stock photo and permission is DIRECTLY given by the creator/owner

check and mate.

How is using something from a game not ripping? You give no credit whatsoever, no link to the site. If someone spent time creating something, you should at least respect them enough to not use it.

If I went to http://apothix.deviantart.com, took one of his peices, used it in my sig, can I say I am giving him publicity, no... exactly.

Btw, hi.

Originally posted by Spekta@May 20 2005, 08:39 AM
    A definition of ripping is this;

one using a picture for personal gain they did not create, unless it is a stock photo and permission is DIRECTLY given by the creator/owner

check and mate.
    [snapback]23201[/snapback]
    nop. thats not ripping's definition.

Harr, editting my post = fun. :P