> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: !Read.!

I agree totally with waht your saying about being polite, but its a easy way to get post count, and you have to earn it, people can just sit there and keep posting and make tons of posts.

Poll for voting - not everyone makes a poll for voting, people can attach a poll but most dont do this. Good idea, members usually dont do this, so we need to make a better, more efficent way.

ok guys, read this carefully

SSJ said its ok to thank everyone who voted for you and complimented you at THE END of the battle, (i.e. the last post)

INSTEAD of thanking every person who voted for you/complimented you right afetr he/she posts.

ssj is saying that people will take advantage of his jsut to increase their post count and it is also spam

because its like every other post is a thank you post from one of the people battling, its retarded and pointless, i totally agree with you SSJ

Personally I rather see alittle "Spam" then have a couple of pointless rules forced upon me. I mean yeah you don't need to post "Thank you" after every vote, I understand that, but still why make a rule about it. I mean picture that:
    "CK your warned for saying thank you far to many times, if I have to warn you again your going to get banned"
    That sounds pretty stupid doesn't it.
    Plus It makes it hard to count votes? I'm sorry but if someone can't look through a thread and count up to 10, thats they're problem.

My thoughts on the matter is that it wasn't broken so why spend so much time trying to fix it. But if you going to add rules you should make them rules that make battling better, not rules that are a pain in the ass to everyone. Like Friendly votes. Do you really think thats going to stop people voting for their friends in normal battles? Of course it won't, all it will do is give unskilled people an advantage in some battles because they have a few friends on the board. If you can't win a battle with skill then lose like a man..or a woman in some cases.

I'm not mad about the whole thing I just think its stupid to add rules where they are not needed.It doesn't help that they are pointless ones . I mean big deal someone wants to raise their post count. It doesn't really hurt anyone. Plus its much more likely less about raising their post count, and more about bumping their thread, without looking stupid and posting *BUMP* and getting yelled at for spamming.

If you going to add new rules then add the Rape rule. Or make it so people can't put their screen names on their battle sig or post their sigs in any thread before the battle. That way they can PM the sigs back and forth and just post up the sigs in the battle thread. Then put numbers by them instead of the their screen names. Then just vote by numbers instead. That way its a bit harder for someone to vote for a friend.

I mean thats just 2 things that could be done to make things fun and fair. How about instead of just making a couple rules then seeing if people like them, which from the looks of it no one does, you just ask th e posters for new ways to make things fair and more importantly better. We are a community so why not ask the community for any good ideas before making some. I mean thank you for making a voting thread to help decide which of the new rules should go and stay, but IMO you should of asked for input from the forum. Then we could of voted on the rules that the community came up with..not just some that seemed good to a few people.

Yeah I have no real say, and if I don't like it I could leave or whatever, and in all truth I would get use to the rules after a while, but to me it seems like if we have a problem here in the battle area then we should of come up with the rules as a community. For one thing It would of been alot easier for us to swallow, plus instead of fighting about we could be working together to come up with new and original ways to make battling better, and to make better ways to limit peoples posting and I guess the chaos that is going on....though i don't really see any.

I'm sorry about the rant but I really think that my post has some truth to it. Plus I've been up for like 32 hours...that might have something to do with it too.

First of all, there not pointless, plenty of people agree with me, Spam is the top rule thats been broken daily across the internet, Also didnt i say i would ban someone for that?, please your exaggerating. On another note, its actually alittle bit of rules, and alot less spam, and still the same fun, i wont ban people for this, i just exspect them not to brake the rules, and if they do ill just politly ask them not to continue it again. And yes, my rules arent pointless

Yeah spamming can be a problem I completely agree. Just IMO opinion its not in this case, but thats just my opinion, I understand that. My point to the post is that I think it would of been more productive to ask the forum for their suggestions first. That way not only could we get the problems more under control but some new and better rules or more like guidelines could be suggested to increase the posting experience on the board. Sorry if I seemed mad or attacked your rules to harshly, I was half alsleep and lacked tact at that moment, that wasn't really the point of the post at all Hey. I mean I really don't agree with the friendly vote rule, i completely admit that. Thats probably one of my biggest problem with the rules. I completely understand that people don't need to post after every vote and I agree about that. But making a rule or I guess more of a guideline just seems a bit much.

If I offened you I'm truely sorry about it. Like I said that wasn't the point. I just think that you should of made a thread about the issue. I think if you did it would of opened up discussions on how to fix the problem and may of even opened up room for some ideas or new ways to battle. New rules that could put a new twist or excitement to battling again, and I think this could of been accomplished if we were asked about how to fix the problem of friendly voting and over posting, because I'm sorry but I don't think the new rules are going to stop either of these things. Some people are going to vote for their friends if its in the rules or not.

I'm sorry about the post and it may of been out of line. That wasn't why I did it and if you want me to drop the matter and never say anything about it again, I will. Your right the rules are small and really won't effect anything big or really take the fun out of battling. I think thats my problem though..it wouldn't really effect anything for good or bad. People will still over post and people will still vote for their friends. A rule isn't going to stop people from cheating and you can't really prove that someone is doing it.

Plus yeah, I over was exaggerating about the ban thing I'm sorry about that, but it was just kind of example of how the rules going to look being applied. Given it was pretty extreme though.

I'm going to drop the matter and just let you mod your forum..sorry if I offended you, because like I stated about 20 times now that wasn't the point of my post. =) It was just my take and opinion on the new rules..

*neither of these posts were suppose to be so long :blink: *

I did it before i asked anyone cuz i thought most people would agree 0.o