» Site Navigation

> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

Thread: my newest sig

Nice i really like the 50 cent one... eminem is also cool. Their all good but u could use a lil more blending on the renders for the last 3. Might wanna play with levels & curves on the spidy one... but gj man

Edit: when i say the last 3 i mean the last 3 before the last one haha

Edit2: aiight u keep editing more sigs in there... lol so i mean the 3 rapper sigs haha

thanx man

You have good ideas, but if you want my opinion on what to change, I'll give you a few things. You need to work on your typo/font (don't worry, very very rarely does somebody know how to set up typography correctly. it just comes with time and experience). Your cut outs are pretty good, but the glow/blur on a few of them ruins it. The animation on them is a bit annoying (animation often doesnt go well with signatures). For the Mob Deep one, Its good to see that you used a different background than the style the rest have. Try to blend the two pictures together better, more like they are standing on that street there (change the color and edit the lighting a bit on them) and it will look much better. You use colors well. I think you should work on the backgrounds though because they often dont fit the rest of it. So the focus of the signatures seems out of place. The best example is the last one. That background is completely random in my opinion. If you had like a hallway that guy was standing in and you have Sam Fisher there standing behind him, it would have a better flow. On the second one, I understand the idea of the signature (lol who doesnt...) but scanlines don't look good. They typically dont. And I know that the blur would look strange without them, so I just don't think that sig works very well. Keep working though, Id like to see improvement

thanx for the comments

Originally posted by Jack@Jun 26 2005, 12:26 AM
    You have good ideas, but if you want my opinion on what to change, I'll give you a few things.* You need to work on your typo/font (don't worry, very very rarely does somebody know how to set up typography correctly. it just comes with time and experience).* Your cut outs are pretty good, but the glow/blur on a few of them ruins it.* The animation on them is a bit annoying (animation often doesnt go well with signatures).* For the Mob Deep one, Its good to see that you used a different background than the style the rest have.* Try to blend the two pictures together better, more like they are standing on that street there (change the color and edit the lighting a bit on them) and it will look much better.* You use colors well.* I think you should work on the backgrounds though because they often dont fit the rest of it. So the focus of the signatures seems out of place.* The best example is the last one.* That background is completely random in my opinion.* If you had like a hallway that guy was standing in and you have Sam Fisher there standing behind him, it would have a better flow. On the second one, I understand the idea of the signature (lol who doesnt...) but scanlines don't look good.* They typically dont.* And I know that the blur would look strange without them, so I just don't think that sig works very well.* Keep working though, Id like to see improvement
    [snapback]48835[/snapback]
    ok ur officially the biggest forum talker iv ever seen...in my life...lol wow... anyway on topic: good collection, some are good some not so good. I like the last one. apart from the text and they way it cuts his feet off

i hate his feet

Hey J.G!

You got some great ideas

But I think you have to work on some things like backgrounds and text.

nice seeing u kite yea i do ill get better one day