» Site Navigation

> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Okay now..remember..this is the first time i've done this.

First i started off with this picture of a dwarf from WoW

Then after cutting it out and throwing it on rendered clouds..
    i have this ->

Next..by altering a tutorial (because it didn't work right) i grabbed the lasso tool and set it to feather-25px..And performed the next few things..

A simple selection of the whole left side of the dwarf gives this circle

Then by hitting the delete key to get this effect

Now on the otherside..with a shotty outline of the right side of the dwarf i get this then delete delete delete..

(That was a different render with different selection of the pic..which would turn out different then my final piece)
    And here it is! Criticism please? (Focusing on the blending since i didn't focus much on the text, but all is welcome) Also, is there any easier way to do it?

it looks good.. but try adding on to it.. like to the left.... try putting some abstract brushes... i like the picture

Hah, that was going to be my next post..i do not exactly understand how to brush/grunge brush (whatever you call it) to get the effect of it being blended..ive tried tutorials but i get lost..

But i know what you mean..because you can actually see the fine line of the image..if i could get rid of that i bet it'd look alot better.

download some abstract brushes in deviant art.--- link--- save them in C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop 7.0\Presets\Brushes
    then open your document and select your brush tool:

then click on the brush selection on the top:

click the right-pointing arronw and choose your brush set:

then brush away my friend..........

I have gotten that far..i have a few brushes..but the part i can't do right is..do i leave it the size they have set in the brush set?..do i just click once inseead of holding the button and dragging? Should i use one brush for one or two dabs..then switch? What kind of colors do i use?

you can resize it as much as you want... to change the color just change the foreground color.... and i don't understand what u said about tabs

Cool ideas, and i like the method of blending aswell. It ususlla ylooks best if you don't drag when you grunge brush ...

don't drag when using any pre-made brushes. you should click once and then maybe another somewhere else, then change it to another one similar. then brush again.

i find the easiest way by far of adding colour is to make the entire sig in black and white, then add a colour balance layer on top. (make sure you de-saturate the render too otherwise the colours look odd.)

Yep that's what i do aswell, sometimes i add a normal colour layer .. then later on a colour balance . Just gives it a nicer effect sometimes..

Not bad not bad at all! Looks very nice, you did a great blending job. Amazing for a first attempt