» Site Navigation

> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

Arrow

Im looking for the BEST PHP/MYSQL Classifieds script around..

I dont care about price.

I want it to do what these sites do, almost exactly..
    like all the same features & stuff..

http://awesomeboatdeals.com
    http://boatsville.com

like one of those 2.

i know all about geoclassifieds. but im looking for something better!!
    please guys i need your help with this one.
    ive been looking and looking and can find anything better then geoclassifieds..

I would pm http://www.climb-x.com/forums/index.php?showuser=1336 if I were you, he's the lcoal guru on that subject from what I can see.

Hi,

Most big sites use custom-made scripts built my third-party developpers.
    Just google to some professional coders and get some information about what they do.

If your site still has to grow, you might try learning PHP/MySQL your self. It is not too hard to create a simple upload/search form. But it takes a lot of time to have secure scripts.

But if price doesn't matter u shouldn't have a problem to get good secure scripts fast

Chriz

Well what do you think about geoclassifieds enterprize edition?
    Do you think that is a fair price for the script?
    also do you think its a fair price for the zip code search add-on they sell?
    please let me know. so far every script ive looked at does not offer what im looking for, only geoclassifieds is close. and its very close to what im looking for, if i buy it, mabey you could help me change a couple small things..,. ?

TBH i don't really now geoclassifieds. I googled a bit and found there are a lot of sites using it. Looks very advanced product, but u need to look for yourself which things u need. The Basic version can do a lot.

if i buy it, maybe you could help me change a couple small things..,. ?
    Maybe but i have no experience with Geoclassifields and have a busy coding live AND a busy real live. <_< I don&#39;t mind helping u with small things tho

BTW: What about testing the free lite version first?

Good luck

Chris

Ok, cool..

yeah i have tested the free lite version, doesnt offer everything i need and I got the pro version from someone online and it still doesnt offer everything i need. The enterprize eddition does for the most part. I noticed awesomeboatdeals.com uses geoclassifieds enterprize edition. and thats how i want my site to work.. im doing a boat site just like those two i listed only i got a couple ideas up my sleeve they are not doing.. So but can you tell me if you think it is worth the money?

I did what you told me to do and ive sent a email out to about 7 coders who sound like they can do what im looking for. So i will see who responds to me.

I might be calling on some people for this site "will pay money of course" to help me with the layout and graphics of the site. im looking for a vector style look. nice colors. mostly blues, oranges, reds, yellows. and so on.. nice even flow look.

& thanks for all your help

Hi,

I don&#39;t know if it&#39;s a good price for you, if you expect a huge traffic geoclassifields sounds good. Else you may start with a cheaper product.

I made one site for a travel agency, but that didn&#39;t require anything big like geoclassifields. I will start making some system using databases (online shopping etc) for this same company some time, but i doubt it will be that huge as Geoclassifields

Good luck with ur site

Chris

Thank you, yes im expecting alot of traffic. I have someone who is going to help with the funding of this project & we expect alot of traffic. I belive we want to get TV ads going for the site onces its completed. aswell as pay someone to get us at the top of all major search engines in our type of site with in the next year or so.

ive been working hand to hand with all the major magazines that would offer us a full page ad in each months issue for 2 years. aswell as banner ads on yahoo.com and ebay.com
    so far we have the green light on everything. We just need to get the site done. but we have submit our project goals to alot of diffrent sources.

But its just me & one other person doing all this work. So it can get confusing for the both of us as we have never done this kinda thing befor and try to find what little guidence we can.

thank you for your help.