» Site Navigation

> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

Thread: New Sigs

Hey, i'm new and just wanted some comments on my sigs. Any comments are appreciated.

I'm not feeling either of them, sorry. The colors on either of them dont work at all with the renders. The backgrounds are way too random, theyre just grungy brushing that dont have anything to do with the renders. Now, dont take that the wrong way, I tell everybody that Youre not the only one, thats for sure. My suggestions are to pick better color choices, possibly complimentary colors, or whatever you think works well. I just think you should put a little more thought into the colors. Pick (or better yet, make!) backgrounds that are less of something flat that goes behind the render, and more of a place for the render to be in. I'm not suggesting you must use scenery, but something that it fits more into, rather than sits on top of. Typography is a difficult thing to master that comes only with time and experience. As time goes on you understand what works better and what doesnt. The text in both signatures wouldn't work in practically any situation. In the first, I like that you picked white and didnt use a gradient or any crazy text effects. Avoid those. The text in the second is very difficult to read because its thin black and red lines on top of dark colors, including black and red. Both signatures could use better fonts. Pick simpler, cleaner fonts and add a 1 pixel border to both signatures (darker colors work best for signature borders). In my opinion, its best to keep your typography and border simple. In the first one, I would use a sarif font thats not too tall, but just a little taller than wide (the letters not the word hehe). For the second, I wouldn't use a sarif font. Id use something more geared toward that military type theme. A good one for that, not suggesting it would be the best for this one, but a good font for military themed things in my opinion is BankGothic. Just look around your fonts and find simpler ones. Keep on working, but in the future, dont do such random backgrounds, keep what I said in mind.

omg...
    thats the longest post i've ever seen.
    ( thats good )

Sorry but I'm not feeling the sigs either...the text on both sigs is not that good...and the bg's do not match. For example, the first one's bg does not match the render...so work on your text and try blending your render into your bg.

Thanks for all the comments, I really appreciate the advice. I'll try to touch them up like you all said.