> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

Thread: a sig

what do you think

Did you use the magic wand tool to cut those out? If you did and even if you didn't, as long as you dont have elements I suggest you use the pen tool. The pen tool will be your best friend in many more aspects of art and design than just cutting things out. If you were using the pen tool, then you might want to work on it a bit longer, there are a few tricks you can do using it. Keep your characters (if your going to use them) to a minimum. Don't use 3 in one signature. At least not until you can lay them out in a well done composition. The background should relate to your characters as well. I'm referring to them as "characters" not "renders" because they aren not renders Anyway, back on topic. The background needs to be an atmosphere or ambience in which the render or character exists rather than sits on top of. I'm not saying blend them into some random backgrounds. Thats not the idea. The idea is to make/find (preferrably make) backgrounds that have somewhat of a relation to your content or else you just have conflicting pieces to your signature. The typography shouldnt be so sharp. Turn up the antialiasing on it. I like that it doesn't have any crazy text effects. Maybe pick a more interesting color though (something that flows well though, I dont want to see something insane like hot pink or yellow). Pick a color from in that color scheme that isn't used much. That way youre giving it a little more balance. Add a border as well. Whether it sounds like it or not, this is all meant to be encouragement lol

thanx for the tips jack

btw i've only had ps for a week

The fastest way to improve is to do 3 things. Stay away from filters, start making things from scratch, and avoid from mainstream styles. Another thing that helps a lot is to work on bigger canvas sizes. Dont limit yourself to signatures.