» Site Navigation

> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

Thread: Request Sig

Okay I edited it, I didn't like it either ^_^ So I spent a nice bit of time with this new one. I think it's ten times better than that piece of crap I just had up :P

Why is there red on the gun? :S
    There wasn't red on it in PS. Huh, that's weird.

When you say you made the render, do you mean that you modelled and textured it? if so, good job but your ps work ruined it. I'll post more after you answer that.

Well I didn't model it, but I textured it. It was pretty much a 2d picture where the gun was held by a soldier. So I cut the gun out from him, and fooled around with it to give it a 3d look.

Thats not what I meant by texturing it. Just for future reference, dont say you "made a render" unless you yourself modelled it in a 3d program and added materials to it (aka texturing). Say that you cut it out if you want to, but dont say you made it. Also, if it was 2d, then its not a render. Can you show the original? With this sort of composition, it would look much much better to have the whole signature clean. Just have the gun and the shell sitting there. Maybe on top of some floor/concrete or in sand or something. I think you should do away with all of that saturated brushing. The color choices weren't the best for the idea/theme you have going there. The typography needs some work. That font doesn't really work. If I had to make a suggestion based on what fonts most people have... Id say either BankGothic (I have BankGothic Md BT) or something similar to that. You also could use a border to make it look more finished and closed. Keep working

hmm, the whole thing is alittle odd. Text needs some work, the bg is just .. I donno.

You can't call that.. making a render. Btw thats not what texturing means "fooling around with it"

Okay guys it's all fixed up. What do you think now?

Bump. Comments now please.