No Members online

» Site Navigation

> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

Good concept. I'm a little confused at the face in the waterfall. The blending there looks a little strange too, I think you should make it look like the waterfall is forming that face rather than the face just being over it with a low opacity etc. The woman isn't blended well either. She really stands out. Some reasons are the different saturation of colors and quality of the images. The biggest reason though is that there are conflicting light sources. There is a different lightsource on her than there is on the rocks etc. If you move her back on the rock, improve her shadow on the rock, and adjust the light and shadows on her to match the rest, youll be set. Oh, and you might also want to add a shadow on the rock for the umbrella (make it subtle).

Originally posted by Jack@Jul 15 2005, 07:36 PM
    Good concept.* I'm a little confused at the face in the waterfall.* The blending there looks a little strange too, I think you should make it look like the waterfall is forming that face rather than the face just being over it with a low opacity etc.* The woman isn't blended well either.* She really stands out.* Some reasons are the different saturation of colors and quality of the images.* The biggest reason though is that there are conflicting light sources.* There is a different lightsource on her than there is on the rocks etc.* If you move her back on the rock, improve her shadow on the rock, and adjust the light and shadows on her to match the rest, youll be set.* Oh, and you might also want to add a shadow on the rock for the umbrella (make it subtle).
    [snapback]56635[/snapback]
    Maybe you can explain how to make the waterfall look as if it's forming the face better.

Edit: Shaded the girl, her umbrella, and the area beneath. Lighting comes from the top right.

with the face in the water fall i think you could:

put the face under the water fall layer duplicate the waterfall layer and put it under the face layer and then set the first waterfall layer to a blend mode to where you can see the face or something

its better, but there are still shading tweaks to be done to make it more realistic. For example: the umbrella has curves between the spokes. You need shadows (subtle shadows) on the right side of the area between spokes. You also might want to zoom in (I do most of my work at like 1200% and zoom out to see how it looks hehe) and do small shadows on her face her clothes and all of that stuff. As for the face, smudge (do it carefully, dont make it obvious that your smudging) the parts of the water fall next to the face into the face so it looks like the water is forming the face.

Who is holding the umbrella?

Originally posted by tw0k1ngs@Jul 18 2005, 10:06 AM
    Who is holding the umbrella?
    [snapback]58009[/snapback]
    Some random girl. It was the only stock photo of someone in the Buddha position that I could find.

I think tw0k1ngs was referring to how the umbrella is standing by itself.

No! Someone finally noticed. >_>

I was hoping people would just overlook that little thing.

Just imagine it's stuck into the rock like a beach umbrella into sand. >_>