> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vector Renders?

Hey..Where do people get renders that go along with the sig..Like lil vector renders?

hmm, to get a nice vector/cartoon look wit any render, duplicate the layer, add gausian blur and set that layer to darken, and thats it

Thanks..It look good

Or you can use a filter

Cutout works alright, or Posterize (i think, never tried it but i'm pretty sure it works, lol)

The right answer is you make them with the pen tool. Don't use the cutout filter..or blending opitions, you vector them yourself.

Originally posted by Anachronism@Aug 3 2005, 02:11 PM
    The right answer is you make them with the pen tool. Don't use the cutout filter..or blending opitions, you vector them yourself.
    [snapback]64769[/snapback]
    otherwise it aint a render to explain more what anachro said

Actually, if you used the pen tool in photoshop, it wouldn't be a vector either. Merely an imitation. The word "vector" gets thrown around way too much... Its not a style, its a technique and image type. I've already been writing a short article about this topic that will clear it up for whoever is confused. I'll post it when I'm finished.

To clear up other things that are often confused: a render is a 3d model complete with textures, materials, and lighting (though there are such things as test renders, work in progress renders etc. and some who airbrush say that they "render" a piece, but the piece itself typically isn't called a render). A stock is a photo that the photographer has given rights to anybody to use it. Although, in some cases the photographer does make it a requirement to send him/her a link to your work and/or at least give him/her credit wherever you post it.

oK...Thanks.

Yeah I wasn't going to get into any of that because I didn't figure the guy had AI.

I mean I use AI for any of my vector needs, but if you use the pen tool its still a vector I believe, unless you turn it into a raster layer, since the object is a vector layer instead and is in a Vector mask. I've never really cared enough to look it up since like I said I've always used AI.

Pen tool in photoshop is always raster. It just imitates vector's system of points and curves to create shapes.