» Site Navigation

> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

Thread: siggy piggy

It's been a long time since I shopped anything, so let me know how much these suck and I'll brush up from there:

oh and hi to everyone who remembers me.

Hmm.. I don't know you but your sigs are ok... Just try something different with your text.. I like the last one..

Hmm.. including my currents I've got 5 sigs on show here and something like a dozen different text styles...

When you say "something different" do you mean more plain and simple, more bold and brash.. errm you know?

I've been off the scene for a while so anything you can tell me to help me recapture some trendwhore, fanboy status will be greatly appreciated.

Haha... Maybe I just like my text clean and simple... Unlike others.. You did the bg on the "daydreamer" sig?

Umm.. I do the bg on all my sigs, so.. yeah.

It's just some sign style brushes, a fairy dust brush, some textures n layer blend options and so on.

Take a close look:

Anyone else for CnC?

added:

Your style is so unique, why the hell would you want to be trendwhore!? I'm real impressed with this, please tell me you made the BG of the first and second. About your typography, graphically speaking it's impressive, just a bit complex and overpowering, which I'm sure in many designers' eyes is a positive thing. I personally really like this stuff, I'll be looking out for more!

ty sir.

Here's another (which I don't really like.. but meh!)

added another:

And for Tredici.. here's some older stuff. I use a macro technique for my sigs which lets me get into the bg and do some interesting things, then i scale down in image ready.

but for those first two up top, I wish I could claim to have made them from scratch like most of my bg's but the buildings in them I have taken from renders for the lighting.

Then brushed them... simply because it saves an enormous amount of time.

About my typography.. when i first started I only really made sigs for requests.

It's the best way to get practice if you ask me.

But any way, because a sig for a request is basically to advertise the person it is for, I found using strong text styles more effective.

Most of the sigs here are "art for arts sake" and thus use a much more basic style, also there is a little bit of a clique surrounding the whole thing..

You know what I mean? Like large expressive fonts are out of fashion this season or something.

Personally I find that a bit boring and try to put a little bit of the effort i put into the main image into the text (with varying degrees of success).

TTFN,

Jefster.