> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

Rate and post constructive criticism please

i think im getting better

Dude, the picture color has NOTHING to do with the bg color, the sig feels empty, and text needs work.

Originally posted by Peac0ck@Aug 9 2005, 05:34 AM
    Dude, the picture color has NOTHING to do with the bg color, the sig feels empty,* and text needs work.
    [snapback]66854[/snapback]
    " why dont you tell him what ideas you have the he could do to fix it or make it better? try to xplaine to him he is new to graphics and needs advice "

jakkbro what he means by picture is the render you used, the splinter cell guy. I would suggest you take the coloring off the render.
    dupe the layer of the render & erase\fade some parts of the render on the duped layer. then bring up the original layer and fade out diffrent parts of that/ some of the same parts very little.
    then take metals nice grunge brush's and use them on a overlaping layer some.. maby ad some of metals sparkle brushs to another layer.

goto contrast & lighting and play with those some on the brush/render/sparkle layers.. and see what you can come up with.

as far as your BG goes, maby add some more brushing to it. upto you what brushs you want to use. or get a photo of a cool room from the game and play with it some.. but i think with metals brushs you can come up with something nice for a BG and not have to use a photo to manip.

For the text, maby you could make the font a little smaller and use SHARP on it. try a clean look to the text. , then add a outline to it but not a large outline, small say #1. then maby add a little outerglow to it.. but very very little..
    try making a couple o f the letters a color in the sig. sometimes that looks nice.

umm other then that i think you will get the hang of it and keep working on them man GJ.

^^^

he pretty much said it all

I cant seem to brush the render without it looking crappy but whatever ill start this sig over and take your advice in mind

Do you mind sending me the psd so i can look at it?
    maby i could help you better if i could see it.. PM a link to me if you dont mind sharing it.

EDIT: Ill only use it to help you with it. just so you know

Originally posted by EMPeiTQ@Aug 9 2005, 06:47 AM
    " why dont you tell him what ideas you have the he could do to fix it or make it better? try to xplaine to him * he is new to graphics and needs advice* "
    jakkbro what he means by picture is the render you used, the splinter cell guy. I would suggest you take the coloring off the render.
    dupe the layer of the render & erase\fade some parts of the render on the duped layer. then bring up the original layer and fade out diffrent parts of that/ some of the same parts very little.
    then take metals nice grunge brush's and use them on a overlaping layer some.. maby ad some of metals sparkle brushs to another layer.

goto contrast & lighting and play with those some on the brush/render/sparkle layers.. and see what you can come up with.

as far as your BG goes, maby add some more brushing to it. upto you what brushs you want to use. or get a photo of a cool room from the game and play with it some.. but i think with metals brushs you can come up with something nice for a BG and not have to use a photo to manip.

For the text, maby you could make the font a little smaller and use SHARP on it. try a clean look to the text. , then add a outline to it but not a large outline, small say #1. then maby add a little outerglow to it.. but very very little..
    try making a couple o f the letters a color in the sig. sometimes that looks nice.

umm other then that i think you will get the hang of it and keep working on them man GJ.
    [snapback]66858[/snapback]

Wow o-o Best comment ever.

EDIT: Oh and I totally agree with him.

ok but where should i host it?

ok.

First off, I would suggest you use a smaller size. The height is pretty ok but the with is really high. I personally use 350x125, but you could use whatever you want, this is just my suggestion.

Second off, I suggest you make your backgrounds have *some* of the same colors of your character. I said some because, I just don't like sigs that are too monotone. Monotone means that the sig is just 1 tone of color like all yellow or all green. I would suggest you add some green to the background and some yellow to the character. Also, you should take that glow off of him.

Third off, I would suggest you go for simpler text. I don't like bevel on text too much.

And last, I suggest you add some depth. Depth is making it so that there is making it so that the character is actually in an environment or something, not just a random guy in a random abstract zone ( that is my understanding of depth.)

-Jack wannabe