» Site Navigation

> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This will teach you a little bit about Brushing, Filters, and Blending Modes. Have fun!

First of all, you need some grunge brushes. A simple google search will give you some good sites for brushes, so check around there. The brushes used in this tutorial will be from the Vintage Gallery of Annika von Holdt, and you can get those brushes at http://www.annikavonholdt.com/&/. Remember to go to the Vintage Gallery. I downloaded every one of them, and you should too, they are all really nice. Check out the New Gallery as well.

[Mini Tutorial: Installing the brushes -
    After you get the brushes downloaded, unzip them to your desktop (or some other specific folder where you know where they are.) Open up the Adobe Photoshop 7 folder (On my system it's C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop 7) and then open Presets. Once there, open the Brushes folder, and drag your .ABR files into that folder. When you open up Photoshop, they will be ready for use. Click the brush tool, then go to your image. Right click, and hit the little button by the text box for the master diameter. Choose your brush sets from there.]

So, now we start.

1. Open up Photoshop and make a new canvas of 300x100 (my standard sig size, you can make yours bigger, smaller might not look as good.) RBG Color Mode, Contents White.
    2. For this tutorial, I selected the avh_seperate_ways brush set.
    3. Select the first brush, and jack the size up. I used 500px.
    4. Drag the corner of the document so you have space around it, and place the rose in the middle of the document. Here is a picture so far:

5. Now to colorize this part. Hit Control+U (Control and U at the same time) and check the "Colorize" box. Leave the settings alone and you should have a nice Strawberries and Creme type color.
    6. Create a new layer. On the layers palette, hit the button the looks like a piece of paper with the bottom left corner folded up. Click the new layer to select it, then select the avh_immortality brush set.
    7. Go all the way to the bottom and choose the brush that is the text "Immortality." It's the last one on the list. Move the size down to about 180px.
    8. Center the text somewhere in the middle but towards the bottom, you don't want to cover up the center of the rose since it's the biggest part of the piece. Here's what I have so far:

9. Now Control+Click (Hold down Control and Click) the new layer. Grab the eyedropper and select a color from the rose, one that you see the most. (I used #B27F7F) Keep the selection. Click on your foreground color box and select the hex value you chose. (In this case mine was #B27F7F)
    10. Look over at the layers palette. On the bottom, the first button is round and looks like there is a little f inside it. Click that, and select Stroke at the very bottom.
    11. Set the size to 1px. Click the little colored box, and fill in the text box with the value you copied. (#B27F7F) Then hit Ok.
    12. Press Control+D (Control and D at the same time.)
    13. You know have something like this:

14. Create a new layer, and fill it with black. Go to Filter/Noise/Add Noise with the amount of 400. (The Maximum allowed.)
    15. Then go to Filter/Blur/Radial Blur, with the settings:
    Amount:79
    Zoom
    Best
    16. Then go to Filter/Distort/Twirl with the angle of 430.
    17. Colorize this part. Hit Control+U (Control and U at the same time) and check the Colorize box. Set the Hue to 230 and keep the Saturation at 25 and the Lightness at 0.
    Set the layers' mode to Soft Light, and you're done!

Here's my final result:

Hope you enjoyed the tutorial, and if you have any questions, reply to this post with them and I will help in any way I can. Good Luck!

-Hxck.

Very nice tutorial, thanks for sharing it with us, Look forward to see more from you

shoulda made a tut on how to make brushes...its a whole lot better...Ive made three sets so far and I'm satisfied

Thanks guys.

I just landed on Mars , finaly , back home !

Looks good , keep it up ! n_n

pretty tight... whered you get your window's theme from?

verynice, what is that windows theme your usin? great tut, thanx for submitting.
    If you want help...
    Screw you
    If you make sigs...
    Screw you

I just landed on Mars , finaly , back home !

His theme looks like Blades or something , you can pick them from Style XP

i have a quetion: ur computer dous not look like mine in all the menues and that, how do i change that?

its cause hes got a skin, look in other tutorials on illegalx17's tut called pimp ma computer