> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 60 Years Ago

"The Allies had delivered Japan an ultimatum to surrender on 28 July 1945.

When this was ignored, the US dropped two atomic bombs on Hiroshima on 6 August and Nagasaki on 9 August, the day Soviet forces invaded Manchuria.

The Allies celebrated victory over Japan on 15 August 1945, although the Japanese administration under General Koiso Kuniaki did not officially surrender with a signed document until 2 September.

Both dates are known as VJ Day." -http://news.bbc.co.uk

God Bless America.

Cheers

Originally posted by Jack@Aug 14 2005, 07:22 PM
    Cheers
    [snapback]69106[/snapback]
    Yup.... too bad it was 1st day of school today :angry:

Originally posted by MasterDuckie@Aug 15 2005, 01:33 AM
    "The Allies had delivered Japan an ultimatum to surrender on 28 July 1945.

When this was ignored, the US dropped two atomic bombs on Hiroshima on 6 August and Nagasaki on 9 August, the day Soviet forces invaded Manchuria.

The Allies celebrated victory over Japan on 15 August 1945, although the Japanese administration under General Koiso Kuniaki did not officially surrender with a signed document until 2 September.

Both dates are known as VJ Day." -http://news.bbc.co.uk

God Bless America.
    [snapback]69092[/snapback]

God bless America for murdering hundeds of thousands of inocent people those 2 days?? oh yes, thank you god!

im sorry but dropping the bomb was not the right thing to do. it might have made them think twice about attacking US & our allies. along with making all the other countrys at the time who did not like the US hate us more. but at what price?

alot of lives were destroyed those 2 days.. and alot of those lives were of people who didnt deserve it.

I live in the US I was born in US, But I dont agree with US. not much at all.. All we do it make poor choices and hurt people in our path.

omg i could go on for ever and ever with everything wrong with this country.. and alot of other countrys.. but ill be just wasting my time and yours..

anyway. sorry but this post isnt a bad one. but thinking about what the US did those two days really makes me sick and makes me sad for everyone who was invloved.

:angry:

Originally posted by EMPeiTQ@Aug 15 2005, 10:53 PM
    God bless America for murdering hundeds of thousands of inocent people those 2 days?? oh yes, thank you god!*

im sorry but dropping the bomb was not the right thing to do. it might have made them think twice about attacking US & our allies. along with making all the other countrys at the time who did not like the US hate us more.* but at what price?

alot of lives were destroyed those 2 days.. and alot of those lives were of people who didnt deserve it.

I live in the US I was born in US, But I dont agree with US. not much at all.. All we do it make poor choices and hurt people in our path.
    omg i could go on for ever and ever with everything wrong with this country.. and alot of other countrys.. but ill be just wasting my time and yours..

anyway. sorry but this post isnt a* bad one. but thinking about what the US did those two days really makes me sick and makes me sad for everyone who was invloved.

:angry:
    [snapback]69470[/snapback]

Do you remeber Pearl Harbor.. I guess you never learned about it! The rules of war state that you must declare war.. what did the Japanese do? Attack Pearl without warning, Killing Men, Women, and children who were stationed there.

Also, Japanese Killed POW's freely, putting them into slave camps, and making them do dirty work..
    You wana know what America did with POW's?? They gave them hot meals, hot showers. They treated them as they treated there own soldiers..

EMPeiTQ, I'm just curious, but after pearl harbor what should we have done? I'll be honest, I'm not the biggest history buff; at least not on this topic. As most who oppose war, you've made your opinion clear that you think the US made a mistake, but you haven't given your opinion on what we should have done. Obviously I don't agree with killing innocent people, but I also don't agree with just sitting down to talk and trying to be dimplomatic with a country that had just made an attack. Whether you believe we should have, we have yet to find out.

I am the biggest history buff.. I watch the History Channel at least 5 hours a day.. mostly more.

Agreed. What else where we to do? The rule specifically stated that you must declare war on the opponent before attacking, and they go and bomb Pearl Harbor.

God bless america.

And yeah history can be really fun, if you have a good teacher -.-

I hate history in shool, all they teach you about it Civil War and crap that is really dumb, I am more of a 1850-today kinda guy.

Even though those bombs destroyed many lives, it was the right action to beat the Japanesse. The soldiers in their army faught to the death, and wouldn't give up. Also, the US could have dropped bombs on Tokyo, but they didn't because it would cause too much harm. The US had to drop the bombs in order for Japan to surrender. It was the only card to play at the time. But again, this is an opinion.