» Site Navigation

> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hey everyone, I'm new here. I'll introduce myself here and show the sig I just made.

My name is Brandon, I'm 18. Been doing web design for a little over a year now. This is the first forum I've signed up to with "good" designers. All the others were full of noobs that cherished the worst works possible.

I usually just stick to website templates, but I decided I should try myself at making a nice looking sig. Never really done this type of style, so I'm sure it could use a lot of work. Critique is welcomed. Especially on the text, couldn't figure out how to make that look nice or which font would be good to use.

Here it is:

Edit: The render was ripped, so now it's just the background until I find a render that is okay to use..

That is a very nice sig! The colours are great and the render is blended! The text good, maybe the second "D" is a bit too bright. But that's ok. Welcome Brandon to thise great forum full of amazing people with amazing talents!

all around it is a pretty solid signature, keep it up B)

Yeah, it's something that was put up on DA.

Looks pretty good. The text doesn't suit it though.

Looks great man, but done you hate not knowing where a render came from lol

dude that sig is Sheckshaaay!.. and i think the txt is fine. GJ!

Got to it before I could Dante

That render is ripped from a piece done by PixelCatalyst. I realize that you may have gotten it from a render pack etc. Hopefully, you realize that it doesn't make it okay to use it. Read the rules about this subject (top stickied thread in show off forum). Taking it down would be the best course of action considering the consequences of keeping it up.

It says on the bottom of every depthcore fullview:
    "These images are copyright protected to their respective owners. Any duplications, printings, or alterations in any shape, form or derivative is strictly prohibited. These images are NOT provided for commercial-use and they are NOT provided for personal-use either. They are meant for the entertainment of viewing and listening purposes only. If you wish to obtain a license to utilize any of the media on this website, you will have to contact the respective owners and make arrangements, or send an email using our contact page."

Keep on making work, but next time, be absolutely sure of your sources before using them.

Sure thing. I was afraid it was a rip. I got it out of some huge pack of renders that I found here on the site a while back.

Can someone explain to me how to get FREE renders that aren't illegal? Hell, are there any free renders that are legal? Most the ones I see are ripped off copyrighted wallpapers. Same thing?

I'll just swap the render out for something else.. and change the text while I'm at it.

Thanks for the compliments though guys!

All you have to be sure of is where the renders are coming from. You cannot use copyrighted work without permission. People use game characters in signatures and the norm seems to be that it isn't taboo to do so, despite the copyright on those characters. I don't think that the game companies are going to make a big fuss over this sort of personal (non-commercial) use. Of course, girls and boys, the best way to avoid this entire issue is to make everything on the canvas yourself but until that time comes just be aware of what the original sources are of any images used.